Multiple displays

King_Arch

Does anyone know the best to do multiple displays when you only have one working hdmi port on the pc and one dp port on the pc that only works when the hdmi is plugged in at the same time. Like is there an adapter I can buy to fix this as the one thing I want is two displays but can’t get it to work. The hdmi port on the left is the broken one and the inside looks like this.

image.jpg

image.jpg

get a DVI to HDMI adapter if your second monitor has an HDMI port, all of them do iirc, but remember that you'll be capped at the resolution limit the DVI-D gives.

Edit: wait i have to ask, which hdmi is it exactly broken? you can use the gpu if it is thr motherboard one or the other way around...

Make sure to quote me if you want me to respond

Turn your Mobile VR or PSVR Headset into a working 6DoF SteamVR one guide/tutorial (below):

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My PC

You have a GPU installed so the port on the motherboard will be disabled. Plug everything to the GPU.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

DVI-I can be converted passively to HDMI. 

Displayport can be converted to DVI-I or HDMI. With Displayport, search for an active adapter. I do not have good experience with affordable, passive adapters. 

HDMI can be converted passively to DVI-I.

ok I see it is the onboard HDMI broken, you could use the GPU's HDMI for your second monitor

Make sure to quote me if you want me to respond

Turn your Mobile VR or PSVR Headset into a working 6DoF SteamVR one guide/tutorial (below):

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My PC