Accessing ip camera connected to switch from WiFi

Rick.2013

I have a Netgear prosafe fs728tlp and a netgear r6220 WiFi router. The Ethernet from the isp comes to the switch on one of the gigabit ports and the WiFi router is connected to another gigabit port. While on the WiFi I am unable to access the ip cameras on the switch. Is there some setting I need to change to be able to access the ip cameras from WiFi? Any help is appreciated

36 minutes ago, Rick.2013 said:

I have a Netgear prosafe fs728tlp and a netgear r6220 WiFi router. The Ethernet from the isp comes to the switch on one of the gigabit ports and the WiFi router is connected to another gigabit port.

That's an unusual setup.

Sounds like you've created 2 different subnets: one at the ISP modem/gateway that extends into the switch, and another at the Netgear router. You won't be able to access connected devices between different nodes in the network.

Is the Netgear router running in it's default router configuration?

Currently yes and I have internet over WiFi but when I put the router in wireless access point mode I lose internet over WiFi. 

On 1/1/2021 at 8:44 PM, Rick.2013 said:

Currently yes and I have internet over WiFi but when I put the router in wireless access point mode I lose internet over WiFi. 

You have to set up a static IP configuration while the router is in AP mode. Make sure the assigned IP is not part of the primary router's DHCP pool and the gateway is the LAN IP of the primary router.

Some routers running in AP mode must use their LAN port as the uplink port to the primary router. Others don't care whether you use the WAN it the LAN port. You'll have to test it.

Yeah it sounds like you're double NAT'ing, which is complicating things. What are the modes listed that you can run the wifi router as? It needs to act as a bridge of some sort. It sounds like the wireless access point mode isn't quite doing everything you need it to.

You basically need to remove one of these as it's currently configured from the network.

does the wifi router have a LAN port? 

if yes, a simple solution would be to just connect the cable from the ISP straight to the router and connect the switch to the router as well. 

Ok after talking to my isp they said that the switch is trying to make the modem the primary router. The modem that my isp uses is not capable of doing this and when it sees this it goes into a safe mode of sorts and stops internet connection. The original reason I wanted to go from modem-switch-router was my router is only 100mbps which would limit all my connections on the switch to share that 100mbps. The switch is 1000mbps so I would have better performance that way. Also the switch’s dhcp is only to take the ip address from the host. It relies on the host to assign ips to each client attached to the switch. So my only option is to get a 1000mbps router to run the switch as a client from the router. The switch has the option to separate the groups of ports to their own network. So to prevent all the clients on the switch from pulling from one port on the router, I can set up each bank to pull from multiple ports on the router to prevent the bottle neck of speed. Thank you all for your replies.