Better Fallout game?

Descargo81

Better fallout title?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. NV or FO4?

• NV
    • FO4

I said Fallout 4 because the story appealed to me more, but they are both similarly good games.

I love New Vegas, second favorite Fallout game, behind only FO2. But is there any console version of the game that's any good? If you were asking on PC I'd say New Vegas all the way since you can apply fan made patches to fix its bugs. But I thought I heard the game was a mess on PS3. Does it run well on 360?

I found the setting more immersive in FO2 and just more interesting too, and it felt so much more like the original Black Isle Fallout games than the Bethesda ones did. I guess just with the better storytelling mostly, but also little things like being able to customize weapons and ammo too. Also 3/4 DLC are really great for NV. Especially Old World Blues, damn that's a wild story. Dead Money for NV is the worst DLC I have ever played though. Didn't like it at all. Still the other 3 DLC make getting a GOTY Edition of New Vegas a must.

If you go Fallout 4 the DLC is kind of so-so. It's not terrible, Nuka World is alright, but I wouldn't go out of my way to get a GOTY edition if it's a lot more expensive, as the base game is far superior to any of the DLC IMO. Nuka World is decently long, Far Harbor is a few hours, and I could swear there was one other pretty short story DLC. Rest of the DLC is boring base-building crap if I remember right.

They're both good games but NV is to me a tier above 4. Like I'd rate FO4 an 8/10 game while NV is 9/10 IMO.