CPU debug light stays on, won't boot

I just upgraded from a ryzen 7 1700 to a 3700x and when I boot the pc after putting in the 3700x the debug light for the CPU staus on fans at full speed gpu on but no video output and my peripherals dont turn on either. I've tried remounting 3 times. I've made sure all the cables are in place multiple times and the BIOS was updated a couple months ago. I'm at a total loss. Please send any suggestions my way. Thanks.

I have...
RTX 2070
Ryzen 7 3700x
16gb DDR4
B350 tomahawk

Install the 1700 and update the bios to 3700X compatibility. 

If the 1700 does not post after the bios update, ignore it and install the 3700x. 

Some older generation processor support may be lost with new cpu compatibility support because the bios chip can only hold so much information. 

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B350-TOMAHAWK

Good Luck!

additional comment: When you remove the 1700 after the flash, clear the cmos when you install the 3700x before first post.

23 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Install the 1700 and update the bios to 3700X compatibility. 

If the 1700 does not post after the bios update, ignore it and install the 3700x. 

Some older generation processor support may be lost with new cpu compatibility support because the bios chip can only hold so much information. 

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B350-TOMAHAWK

Good Luck!

additional comment: When you remove the 1700 after the flash, clear the cmos when you install the 3700x before first post.

Just now after I put the 1700 back in I'm now getting the debug light for that, this didn't happen last night. It has to be something with the motherboard I think. Any ideas?

7 minutes ago, JudeC said:

Just now after I put the 1700 back in I'm now getting the debug light for that, this didn't happen last night. It has to be something with the motherboard I think. Any ideas?

Clear the cmos. Install one stick of memory in stot A1 and try again. Other than that, the board is probably bugging out from the 3700x being installed. After a few tries, hopefully the board decides to post. My Prime B450 did that to me when I swapped a memory kit out once.

You can always try and reseat the cpu (1700) also. 

12 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Clear the cmos. Install one stick of memory in stot A1 and try again. Other than that, the board is probably bugging out from the 3700x being installed. After a few tries, hopefully the board decides to post. My Prime B450 did that to me when I swapped a memory kit out once.

You can always try and reseat the cpu (1700) also. 

Alright all try all of that thanks for the help.

Just now, JudeC said:

Alright all try all of that thanks for the help.

welcome, good luck!

32 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

welcome, good luck!

Yeah I tried everything no luck. I'm at the point where I might just buy a new mobo. Thanks for all the help though!