Newly built PC just randomly crashed/restarted for the first time

Oliboy68

Hi all,

Just built my new PC about a month ago and today for the first time, while playing Halo Reach, the PC randomly restarted itself... No error messages or anything, just a restart...

My Specs are as follows:

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900x

GPU: Gigabyte OC Gaming RTX 3070

RAM: 32gb 3600mhz

MOBO: ASUS TUF Gaming Plus Wifi

SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1tb

AIO: NZXT Kraken X53

PSU: Corsair RM850x

Should I keep an eye out and monitor temps etc... Hoping another crash doesn't happen, or take action now? What might have caused that crash/restart?

Many thanks.

If it just turned off out of the blue, it is usually overheating or a power supply issue. The RM850X is a pretty solid unit so I would keep an eye on the temps, especially the CPU one. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

5 minutes ago, Analog said:

If it just turned off out of the blue, it is usually overheating or a power supply issue. The RM850X is a pretty solid unit so I would keep an eye on the temps, especially the CPU one. 

agreed, could be shotty mounting of the cpu cooler.

8 hours ago, Analog said:

8 hours ago, Houndz199 said:

agreed, could be shotty mounting of the cpu cooler.

My in-game temps are usually around 60-65 degrees for my CPU and 60 for my GPU