b450m ds3h and an RTX card to fit

warlikedave

Hi

First off - excuse the dust on the gpu and below it, pc is overdue its monthly blast of compressed air and havent been able to get a can with the current lockdown here. My question regarding this relatively new build (still a work in progress due to budget) is concerning finding a 2 slot 3000 series card for this following pc:

b450m ds3h motherboard

3800x

650watt psu with one 6 and one 8 pin connector for a new graphics card. Currently using only the 8 pin on a gtx 1070 msi OC 8gb variant (transferred from recently decommissioned 2600k build)

Standard Mid Tower GameMax Case

My concern is that it seems that the various connections, sata, front side usb and audio will most likely get in the way of placing a 3 or 2.5 slot card onto this board (using the top pci-e slot). So I was wondering if anyone has any experience or advice on what or any card would be a good fit for this, preferably without upgrading the psu and/or motherboard but will take any advice on this.

Thanks a mill in advance!

2.jpg

1.jpg

Thickness wise I think 3080s can fit it, although I only checked MSI Ventus and Founders Edition, I don't know if it can fit length wise. So I wouldn't be surpised if you can fit a 20 series or 3070/3060ti

Chicago Bears fan, Bear Down

Cheers for your response :)

I was looking at the following graphics card myself:

Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070 GAMING OC 8GB Graphics Card: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Obviously not going to pay scalper prices for it but it does seem a tight fit since the front side usb connector is quite beefy...So you think a 57 mm height card (MSI Ventus 3080) shouldn't be impacted by the bottom motherboard connectors like the front side usb connector for example?