Can brand new RAM be corrupted???

Hello, community. This is my very first post here, please bear with me, I just made an account in hope to get some help/answers. The PC I built crashes very frequently into BSOD with MEMORY MANAGEMENT listed as an error.

What I have tried so far:
• Reinstalled Windows twice with updates
• Running the system with XMP profile disabled - the result is the same, the system goes into BSOD.
• Running the system with XMP profile enabled - the result is the same, the system goes into BSOD.
• AIDA64 test for 30min shown no errors, the system was stable, no issue, no crash.
• Test 1 using MEMTEST86 and both RAM sticks installed running for 2 hours and 25minutes then cancelled shown 38 errors (see pic 1.).
• Test 2 using MEMTEST86 and FIRST RAM stick installed running for 12 hours and 53 minutes shown 0 errors (see pic 2.).
• Test 3 using MEMTEST86 and SECOND RAM stick installed running for 5 minutes then cancelled shown 2 errors (see pic 3.) I assume if I let this test continue using the 2nd RAM stick it would end up with those 38 or more errors.

The components I purchased are:
• MB - GIGABYTE B550 AORUS PRO AC
• CURRENT BIOS - F11p but I experienced problems with F2 as well
• CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT
• COOLER - Corsair iCUE H100i PRO XT RGB
• RAM - CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR4 3600 (PC4-28800) C18 1.35V CMK64GX4M2D3600C18 – it is listed on QVL on the GIGABYTE website
• NVME - GIGABYTE GP-AG42TB
• GPU - 1070TI (until 3070 is in stock)
• PSU - 850W Corsair RM Series RM850 (2020)
• CASE - LANCOOL II MESH PERFORMANCE
• OS - Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit Ver.1909 (OS build 18363.1256)

My question & concern is – is the 2nd RAM stick corrupted? Is there anything I can do to make system stable, and get rid off Blue Screen of Death for good? I really need a stable PC. I understand there is no compatibility issue with components selected. Please help.

This is the 3rd PC I have built in my lifetime and never had this kind of problem. I am a creative designer and I use intensive software packages for digital reconstruction using laser scanning and photogrammetry methods. So I wouldn’t say I am a newbie when it comes to building computers and PC in general. But right now I am very desperate and clueless. PLEASE HELP.

1173411868_Pic1Memtest1.jpg

Pic 2 Memtest 2.jpg

Pic 3 Memtest 3.jpg

2 minutes ago, hovedzinko said:

Hello, community. This is my very first post here, please bear with me, I just made an account in hope to get some help/answers. The PC I built crashes very frequently into BSOD with MEMORY MANAGEMENT listed as an error.

What I have tried so far:
• Reinstalled Windows twice with updates
• Running the system with XMP profile disabled - the result is the same, the system goes into BSOD.
• Running the system with XMP profile enabled - the result is the same, the system goes into BSOD.
• AIDA64 test for 30min shown no errors, the system was stable, no issue, no crash.
• Test 1 using MEMTEST86 and both RAM sticks installed running for 2 hours and 25minutes then cancelled shown 38 errors (see pic 1.).
• Test 2 using MEMTEST86 and FIRST RAM stick installed running for 12 hours and 53 minutes shown 0 errors (see pic 2.).
• Test 3 using MEMTEST86 and SECOND RAM stick installed running for 5 minutes then cancelled shown 2 errors (see pic 3.) I assume if I let this test continue using the 2nd RAM stick it would end up with those 38 or more errors.

The components I purchased are:
• MB - GIGABYTE B550 AORUS PRO AC
• CURRENT BIOS - F11p but I experienced problems with F2 as well
• CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT
• COOLER - Corsair iCUE H100i PRO XT RGB
• RAM - CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR4 3600 (PC4-28800) C18 1.35V CMK64GX4M2D3600C18 – it is listed on QVL on the GIGABYTE website
• NVME - GIGABYTE GP-AG42TB
• GPU - 1070TI (until 3070 is in stock)
• PSU - 850W Corsair RM Series RM850 (2020)
• CASE - LANCOOL II MESH PERFORMANCE
• OS - Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit Ver.1909 (OS build 18363.1256)

My question & concern is – is the 2nd RAM stick corrupted? Is there anything I can do to make system stable, and get rid off Blue Screen of Death for good? I really need a stable PC. I understand there is no compatibility issue with components selected. Please help.

This is the 3rd PC I have built in my lifetime and never had this kind of problem. I am a creative designer and I use intensive software packages for digital reconstruction using laser scanning and photogrammetry methods. So I wouldn’t say I am a newbie when it comes to building computers and PC in general. But right now I am very desperate and clueless. PLEASE HELP.

1173411868_Pic1Memtest1.jpg

Pic 2 Memtest 2.jpg

Pic 3 Memtest 3.jpg

This could be two things... either one of the DIMMs is DOA, or the of the DIMM slots on the logic board has an electrical/mechanical issue. The easiest way you could isolate the issue would be to try the good DIMM in the slot in which the bad DIMM failed. If there are the same errors again, then there's an issue with the logic board. Otherwise, you have a bad DIMM.

12 hours ago, 514_AppleGuy said:

This could be two things... either one of the DIMMs is DOA, or the of the DIMM slots on the logic board has an electrical/mechanical issue. The easiest way you could isolate the issue would be to try the good DIMM in the slot in which the bad DIMM failed. If there are the same errors again, then there's an issue with the logic board. Otherwise, you have a bad DIMM.

Thanks for the response. Here is what I tried:

Good DIMM in memory slot A shows no errors in MEMTEST86

Bad DIMM in memory slot A shows 12837 errors in MEMTEST86. MEMTEST86 also decided to end prematurely due to number of the errors.

So I guess this confirms that 2nd DIMM is BAD? 

IMG_20201228_061755.jpg

3 hours ago, hovedzinko said:

Thanks for the response. Here is what I tried:

Good DIMM in memory slot A shows no errors in MEMTEST86

Bad DIMM in memory slot A shows 12837 errors in MEMTEST86. MEMTEST86 also decided to end prematurely due to number of the errors.

So I guess this confirms that 2nd DIMM is BAD? 

IMG_20201228_061755.jpg

Yes. Looks like you have a bad DIMM.