CPU clock drops under load.

Hey y’all! I’m net to the forum, and I’m looking for some assistance. I’ve noticed that my cpu runs at boost speed anytime it’s really not under load. About 4.6 or so. As soon as I open up Cinebench and start a multi core run, it drops to a solid 3.5, utilization jumps to 100. And it sits there. As soon as I stop or the test is done it ramps back to 4.6. My temps are decent sitting at 59-60 throughout the entire run. Power settings in windows are set as should be. Haven’t changed much in the bios. 
Specs:

i7 9700f

Gigabyte B365M DS3H WiFi 

32gbs HyperX Fury RAM 8 x 4

What's your CPU temperature under load (when running Cinebench)?

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

That sounds like stock behavior - the all-core boost speed isn't the same as the single-core boost, and you're still boosting above base clock.

My temps while running cinebench are 59-60 Celsius. If I put my front panel on it’s about 62-63. I know that’s irrelevant just trying to cover all bases. 

The Cpu boost duration only lasts so long. The Cpu is acting pretty normal to stock specifications.

You can use a few different programs to utilize some features to enhance the performance of your chip.

QuickCpu is a very handy program. Even control of parked cores. Waking sleeping cores/threads takes away performance.

ThrottleStop. Pretty much the go to Intel program aside from

Intel Extreme Tuning Utility (XTU for short) which will give you most OC tweaks you need on the fly even Cache (ring) overclocking on the fly.

Hope this helps!

Awesome thanks yall! to keep it short i started as a lowly console gamer transition and i honestly dont even game to much anymore ive absolutely fallen smitten with enthusiasm for computers. Just a beginner trying to go further. Happy Holidays!!! (couple pics for good measure)

Screenshot (1).png

Screenshot (2).png

ShrimpBrime, would you happen to know a good video i could watch to get a decent tutorial on using the QuickCPU applocation? I have it downloaded and setup and it looks very intriguing, right up the alley i was looking for. I want to make sure i have a general understanding before i go throwing sliders around, unless it really is as simple as raising the minimum clock slider and apply? I have a feeling being the cpu there might be a little more to it so that things run smoothly?

3 minutes ago, johnnytwotimed said:

ShrimpBrime, would you happen to know a good video i could watch to get a decent tutorial on using the QuickCPU applocation? I have it downloaded and setup and it looks very intriguing, right up the alley i was looking for. I want to make sure i have a general understanding before i go throwing sliders around, unless it really is as simple as raising the minimum clock slider and apply? I have a feeling being the cpu there might be a little more to it so that things run smoothly?

Those sliders will change the boosting behavior but wont overclock the chip. Those are different settings which you'll find. These sliders will change when you change the power plan, so take note when you go from power savings to performance. Then you'll understand it a little better.

I do not believe there is a video though. Not many people know about this app I dont think....

Oh, and one more thing.

Use CPU-z to see your clock speeds. Itll be more accurate than task manager. Task manager may list the pstate frequency and not the real time frequency. Just a heads up there.