I setup an additional router (via cable) as a range extender. Works well, but when I move from one location to another - my device won't connect. Why?

idh1oi12jkl31jk2bgve3jk12b

So, I connected the main router to a secondary one via ethernet cable to get WiFi on that location. 

I used this guide (see bellow): 

It works well. The problem I am getting is this: 

When I move from one location (network) to another, the device can't seem to get an IP address. It will not connect. The way to fix this is to reset the router. 

Something about moving from one location to another creates this issue. 

I can't realize why. 

Any advice? 

Thanks so much! 

8 minutes ago, idh1oi12jkl31jk2bgve3jk12b said:

So, I connected the main router to a secondary one via ethernet cable to get WiFi on that location. 

I used this guide (see bellow): 

It works well. The problem I am getting is this: 

When I move from one location (network) to another, the device can't seem to get an IP address. It will not connect. The way to fix this is to reset the router. 

Something about moving from one location to another creates this issue. 

I can't realize why. 

Any advice? 

Thanks so much! 

You need to setup the second one as a repeater or access point. The first one must be DHCP, having both in that role causes issues with dominance on the network.

On 12/27/2020 at 1:59 PM, Applefreak said:

You need to setup the second one as a repeater or access point. The first one must be DHCP, having both in that role causes issues with dominance on the network.

I believe that's what I did. Unless I am missing something. In the video he shows how to do that. 

Meaning - I disabled DHCP in the secondary router. 

1 hour ago, idh1oi12jkl31jk2bgve3jk12b said:

I believe that's what I did. Unless I am missing something. In the video he shows how to do that. 

Meaning - I disabled DHCP in the secondary router. 

You need to reconfigure the second router as an access point. I don't have time to watch the video but usually that is how it is done. I don't know what routers you have but on Asus ones it is fairly simple. You just reset it and then connect it directly tor your pc to configure via the web interface. Usually there will be a dialog asking what mode you want to put the router in.