Stuttering and low FPS

Kempt

Hey guys new to the forums but I’ve looked everywhere for answers haven’t found anything useful. Monday after updating my driver fir my 2060 super most of my games have become unplayable warzone and Cold War seem to be using my cpus on bored graphics, I’ve tired rolling back the drivers I’ve tried uninstalling the games the launchers updated my bios and nothing seems to work I didn’t also recently uninstall oracle virtual machine but I don’t thing that had anything to do with it 

my build 

i7 10700 

Rog strix z490- e gaming 

16gbs ram 

Msi 2060 super gaming x 

Psu is like 6 or 700 watt 

Sounds like you need to go into the nvidia control panel and go to 3d settings and set either global settings or program settings (for just warzone/ any other specific game) and select your high performance gpu (see image). You might also want to do a clean install of your gpu driver

425114201.png

R5 3600x | RTX 3070 | 16Gb 3200mhz | Gigabyte B550 gaming x | 500gb 660p SSD + 1tb wd blue HDD |

13 minutes ago, Kempt said:

Hey guys new to the forums but I’ve looked everywhere for answers haven’t found anything useful. Monday after updating my driver fir my 2060 super most of my games have become unplayable warzone and Cold War seem to be using my cpus on bored graphics, I’ve tired rolling back the drivers I’ve tried uninstalling the games the launchers updated my bios and nothing seems to work I didn’t also recently uninstall oracle virtual machine but I don’t thing that had anything to do with it 

my build 

i7 10700 

Rog strix z490- e gaming 

16gbs ram 

Msi 2060 super gaming x 

Psu is like 6 or 700 watt 

Along with what @Epiclol86said, are you updating your drivers through GeForce Experience? Typically a simple driver update shouldn't change which graphics a particular program would use, so it's curious that it was working before but not now.

TUF GT501 | Ryzen 5600X | 32GB RAM | 480GB SSD | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | TUF X570 Pro

Just now, v0id said:

Along with what @Epiclol86said, are you updating your drivers through GeForce Experience? Typically a simple driver update shouldn't change which graphics a particular program would use, so it's curious that it was working before but not now.

I tried GeForce and I’ve also tried a clean install I’m wondering if the driver update is just broken 😞 I’ll get back to everybody in the am 

1 minute ago, v0id said:

Apparently, with enough installs on top of the others with updaters that don't wipe the slate clean (and with enough bad luck) you can end up with some pretty weird stuff happening

R5 3600x | RTX 3070 | 16Gb 3200mhz | Gigabyte B550 gaming x | 500gb 660p SSD + 1tb wd blue HDD |

Just now, Epiclol86 said:

Apparently, with enough installs on top of the others with updaters that don't wipe the slate clean (and with enough bad luck) you can end up with some pretty weird stuff happening

Interesting I hope I didn’t brick my gpu I did try using ddu it completely removes previous drivers 

1 minute ago, Epiclol86 said:

Must be bad luck, been updating my card for nearly half a decade without anything like what OP is experiencing. But ya never know right? And he mentioned a clean install just after your reply so that's even weirder.

TUF GT501 | Ryzen 5600X | 32GB RAM | 480GB SSD | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | TUF X570 Pro

@Kempt 

Have you looked at System Restore? Getting your system back to before you tried to update your drivers?

Hey guys all is good now I tried another clean install of my drivers