Best graphics api?

Flux Azreal
Go to solution Solved by Grabhanem,

Most 3D game development is done with something higher-level than directly using the graphics APIs -- something like Unity, Unreal, etc. In general, the APIs are just how you communicate with the graphics card, hardware utilization is more down to how you optimize your code. Some APIs try to make it easier to use CPU cores more efficiently (DX12/Vulkan both have focused on this) but at the end of the day, it's up to you to make your game run well.

I've been looking online for a while now, but no site or video seems to give me a straight answer.

I want to choose a graphics api to lean, but I want to pick the highest performing one.

I plan on picking one of the 3: Vulkan, DirectX12, openGL. I want to make simulations and games

using all the cores, threads, and gpu. But I heard some graphics apis have a limitation on how much

cpu cores or threads they can use, does anyone know what are the limitations of any of these apis?

Or can they all utilize cpu and gpu to their fullest potential, and it just depends on the programmer?

Most 3D game development is done with something higher-level than directly using the graphics APIs -- something like Unity, Unreal, etc. In general, the APIs are just how you communicate with the graphics card, hardware utilization is more down to how you optimize your code. Some APIs try to make it easier to use CPU cores more efficiently (DX12/Vulkan both have focused on this) but at the end of the day, it's up to you to make your game run well.

1 minute ago, Grabhanem said:

Thank you!