Can't format or delete partitions

Jebivetr

Hi,

Long story short i have couple of SSDs from which i can't delete partitions or format it. I used diskpart with override command and it is successfu at least it says it is but in reality nothing is deleted. Same with formating i format disk and it says it is successful but again nothing is formated. Any clue?

Best regards

6 minutes ago, Jebivetr said:

Hi,

Long story short i have couple of SSDs from which i can't delete partitions or format it. I used diskpart with override command and it is successfu at least it says it is but in reality nothing is deleted. Same with formating i format disk and it says it is successful but again nothing is formated. Any clue?

The controller in those SSDs has most likely determined that the SSDs have gone bad and has locked itself into read-only mode in order to prevent loss of data. You'll need to buy new SSDs.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Yea must be..they are cheap sh** anyway and i was trying to get them formated so friend could sell them for couple of bucks.

Thanks for fast reply. Stay safe

33 minutes ago, Jebivetr said:

Yea must be..they are cheap sh** anyway and i was trying to get them formated so friend could sell them for couple of bucks.

Thanks for fast reply. Stay safe

as a last work hope you can try gparted live

if it was useful give it a like :) btw if your into linux pay a visit here