Different way to put the Connect Module of power supply

Go to solution Solved by Guest,

Magnets typically only corrupt electronics with magnetically stored data.聽 So a platter type hard drive, floppy (who uses those still?!?!), etc.

A strong enough magnet could change a circuit's inductance and increase voltages, but we're talking about doing something like taking a rare earth Bucky Ball and placing it directly on top of the motherboard.... which I'm sure is not what you're planning.聽 馃槈

Hi,

I have already buy the聽Lian Li LANCOOL II MESH RGB case and聽Seasonic Connect 750w (SSR-750FA) power supply. The problem is that I asked the Lian Li customer support, how much clearance are there between motherboard tray and back panel window, because I want to see if fits the Extend Connect Module of the Power supply. The seasonic聽recommends 21mm(+7mm magnets)=28mm clearance, but the Lian Li answers me that I will have only 19mm clearance. So聽I thought if I can put the Extend Connect Module in the front site, exactly next to the motherboard, but I have the question, If I will put it next to the motherboard, It will cause problems to the other components by the electricity or by the聽magnet power?

Thanks

No.

F@H
Desktop:聽i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0,聽Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO,聽Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro聽RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan),聽Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

On 12/22/2020 at 11:49 AM, Kilrah said:

No.

Are you sure because it has 6 magnets and I found on internet that magnet can destroy electronic components

Yes, no problem.

F@H
Desktop:聽i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0,聽Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO,聽Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro聽RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan),聽Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Magnets typically only corrupt electronics with magnetically stored data.聽 So a platter type hard drive, floppy (who uses those still?!?!), etc.

A strong enough magnet could change a circuit's inductance and increase voltages, but we're talking about doing something like taking a rare earth Bucky Ball and placing it directly on top of the motherboard.... which I'm sure is not what you're planning.聽 馃槈

16 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

Actually I am planning to do this. The red box is the Extend Connect Module of the power supply, the M with circle is where i will put the magnets(I think it's a safe distance from the motherboard) and I i will install the hard drive to the last under sit, so I think it will have a big distance from the last magnet. The case have the ability to remove the psu shroud and聽to move the unit with the hdd sits left or right. Do you think it's better to do this and at the same time the back panel will can close or to put the Extended Connect Module in the back panel and at the same time the back panel will stay open?

Note 1: This is not my computer, but a simple picture with the same case that I will have

Note 2: Each M circle has 1聽magnet聽and 2 anti-slip pads

image.thumb.png.0a3c489dcd77315e7c68746b1c7f1cd7.png