Upgrade to Windows 10 before or after new build?

Hatchet80

I am currently using Windows 7 Pro on a machine that rarely get internet access. I'm currently building a replacement that will have a Ryzen 9 5900X. To my knowledge, I'll need to upgrade to Windows 10 for better core scheduling for my processor. Should I do the upgrade before or after the new build is completed? As of about a couple months ago I could still do the free upgrade to Windows 10 for free, and want the transition to be as painless as possible (excluding that it's Windows 10 and moving to that OS will be painful anyway).

Id probalby just do a fresh install on the system, reduces the change of weird issues.

Othwise id do the os upgrade now, as windows 7 won't run on ryzen well, and windows 10 handles hardware changes much better.

Ok, so making sure I understand correctly. Do upgrade now in old puter, finish new build, do clean install and will still be able to use old Windows 7 Pro key on fresh install?

17 minutes ago, Hatchet80 said:

Ok, so making sure I understand correctly. Do upgrade now in old puter, finish new build, do clean install and will still be able to use old Windows 7 Pro key on fresh install?

Id reinstall, but if you can't id do the upgrade now.