Anybody knows why i cannot install windows 10 on my new ssd drive?

aydeen66

I bought a new SSD drive and i want to move system onto it, i cannot migrate it cause my both SSDs are not compatible with each other or something.

So i tried to install original windows 10 from usb, after selecting my new drive in installator (which i couldn't find there or even couldn't select it earlier, had to mess with some stuff), everything looks normal now system is installing on the drive, and then reebot to the same thing again.

If i close it and change boot to my new drive it says "reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key".

Anybody can give me some more detailed instructions maybe tips and stuff?

I guess it's just me doing something wrong.

I'd suggest unplugging all other HDD/SSD drives when reinstalling windows and just have the boot drive powered. This way, you should only see one option when installing Windows. Also at this stage I would delete any/all partitions so Windows just sees a single drive.

Also, just check you've downloaded the right windows version of the tool, i.e. 32-64bit? I had an issue recently when I was using a USB install media to install windows on my new MATX system and I forgot the version of the tool I had was 32-bit due to messing about with upgrading a 10 year old laptop that wouldn't take 64-bit. I still managed to get windows installed OK thought, just had issues with drivers which made me realize my error. 

1 minute ago, Bouncewasp said:

I'd suggest unplugging all over HDD/SSD drives when reinstalling windows and just have the boot drive powered. This way, you should only see one option when installing Windows. Also at this stage I would delete any/all partitions so Windows just sees a single drive.

Also, just check you've downloaded the right windows version of the tool, i.e. 32-64bit? I had an issue recently when I was using a USB install media to install windows on my new MATX system and I forgot the version of the tool I had was 32-bit due to messing about with upgrading a 10 year old laptop that wouldn't take 64-bit. I still managed to get windows installed OK thought, just had issues with drivers which made me realize my error. 

to be honest i have to idea if it's 32 or 64 bits, i don't know how to check and there is no download options for the tool. But it's rather 64 than 32 bits and my pc is pretty new.

5 minutes ago, Bouncewasp said:

I'd suggest unplugging all over HDD/SSD drives when reinstalling windows and just have the boot drive powered. This way, you should only see one option when installing Windows. Also at this stage I would delete any/all partitions so Windows just sees a single drive.

When should i unplug the usb when installing windows?

11 hours ago, aydeen66 said:

to be honest i have to idea if it's 32 or 64 bits, i don't know how to check and there is no download options for the tool. But it's rather 64 than 32 bits and my pc is pretty new.

If it's a new PC I'd assume its 64. I'm sure there's an option when you create the USB media, rather than when you download it?

11 hours ago, aydeen66 said:

When should i unplug the usb when installing windows?

So unplug all other HDD/SSD drives with power off before you start (other than the one you want to use as a boot drive, obv.)

With regards to USB, keep an eye on the install, it will take maybe 10mins but once it does that first restart, just whip the USB out. Doesn't matter too much if you miss it, it will just go back to square 1,  but more annoying than anything else!