BSOD Whea Uncontrollable Error

Erbu

Hello! I have not been able to play any games with good graphics at all for a few months, because every single time I start up GTA V or Warzone my pc will crash. This does not happen while stressing everything on Aida64 or playing Minecraft.

The specs of my pc are:

Ryzen 5 3600

16GB of G.Skill 3200Mhz ram (Running on stock 2133Mhz didn't help)

Seasonic 650W PRIME Ultra 650 Gold

Asus ROG STRIX X470-I GAMING (Running default bios settings and newest bios update)

Corsair Hydro Series H100x

Samsung 250GB 970 EVO, M.2 2280, PCIe 3.0 x4, NVM

Samsung 500GB 860 EVO, 2.5", V-NAND MLC, SATA III

Seagate 1TB BarraCuda, SATA III

Inno3D GeForce GTX 1080 Ti iChill X3 Ultra

This is the link to the SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip https://www28.zippyshare.com/v/LvMyCoHg/file.html

I have also recorded a video of the BSOD happening

I was not able to get the perfmon /report report, because it never finished for some reason

Minidump from 3.12.2020 (For some odd reason it doesn't make new ones anymore)

https://www112.zippyshare.com/v/nrD0lrTx/file.html

IMG_2514.MOV

Aida64 may get recognized as a "power virus" by more modern CPUs and not actually fully stress it, and therefore isn't drawing as much power as a demanding game like GTA. My guess, given the components, you're bumping up against your PSU's capability. If it isn't a big enough spike to trip your PSU's overcurrent protection, and just running right up against what it can handle, you'll notice poor current running down all the rails, which can lead to instability in the oddest of ways. I ran into the same issue in my Haswell PC when I upgraded to my Pascal card on a 650W PSU (my CPU OC became very unstable at even +200mhz). Try unplugging your spinning rust and any other components that aren't necessary to boot and stressing your system in GTA again. Maybe go back to the stock cooler over the AIO (pumps draw more power than you'd think). You can also try two separate loads, like Blender CUDA + Cinebench CPU simultaneously to better stress the two components that draw the most power. 

On 12/15/2020 at 9:23 PM, thermalgoop said:

Aida64 may get recognized as a "power virus" by more modern CPUs and not actually fully stress it, and therefore isn't drawing as much power as a demanding game like GTA. My guess, given the components, you're bumping up against your PSU's capability. If it isn't a big enough spike to trip your PSU's overcurrent protection, and just running right up against what it can handle, you'll notice poor current running down all the rails, which can lead to instability in the oddest of ways. I ran into the same issue in my Haswell PC when I upgraded to my Pascal card on a 650W PSU (my CPU OC became very unstable at even +200mhz). Try unplugging your spinning rust and any other components that aren't necessary to boot and stressing your system in GTA again. Maybe go back to the stock cooler over the AIO (pumps draw more power than you'd think). You can also try two separate loads, like Blender CUDA + Cinebench CPU simultaneously to better stress the two components that draw the most power. 

If I remember correctly the problems might have started after changing to the AIO so I'll be testing that out first

On 12/15/2020 at 9:23 PM, thermalgoop said:

I bought the AIO when I tought it was crashing because of too high temps so shouldn't be that. I also ran Furmark and cinebench r23 for 45minutes straight without any problems.

I couldn't test the gpu with blender, because I don't know how to get the gpu to be stressed 100% for a long time (it was hovering about 2-8% even when I used auto tile size plugin.

I calculated the estimated wattage on pcpartpicker.com and it said 404W so I don't think its the psu

After running your dump file through the WinDbg tool, it looks like your system crashes are related to AuthenticAMD.sys, so it's something related to your CPU, chipset, or their drivers. My best guess is that some call that your game makes isn't being handled correctly due to outdated or corrupted drivers. Try reinstalling the most up to date chipset drivers from your mobo manufacturer, and make sure that Windows and your BIOS are up to date. 

This also may just be one of those lovely things Windows has done to itself. It may come down to wiping your boot drive and trying the whole Windows thing again, from new. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/22/2020 at 11:13 PM, thermalgoop said:

After running your dump file through the WinDbg tool, it looks like your system crashes are related to AuthenticAMD.sys, so it's something related to your CPU, chipset, or their drivers. My best guess is that some call that your game makes isn't being handled correctly due to outdated or corrupted drivers. Try reinstalling the most up to date chipset drivers from your mobo manufacturer, and make sure that Windows and your BIOS are up to date. 

This also may just be one of those lovely things Windows has done to itself. It may come down to wiping your boot drive and trying the whole Windows thing again, from new. 

Finally got home from the holidays, so I was able to start trying to fix it again. I reinstalled windows yesterday and was able to play for a few hours. Then I restarted the computer and played again for a while and everything was still working. Today it started to crash again even in CS:GO.