What power source do I need?

kiuboleraza
Go to solution Solved by TheBean,

I do not know what language you are speaking, but I think you mean:

Ryzen 2200g, b450, 1tb hdd, 8gb ram. 

You don't need more than 400W. that is a very basic computer so *minimum* 350W. 

If you are going to add new parts to the computer or get faster more expensive parts, then go with at least 500W. 

do not listen to @Grigor. that is not a real answer. 800W is a waste. you only need 350W

I'm building a low-cost low-end PC, but I don't know what power supply I'm using. The assembly components are an AMD Ryzen 3 2200G (Radeon Vega 8, S-AM4, 3). 50GHz, Quad-Core, 2MB L2 Cache, with Wraith Stealth Dissipater), an ASUS B450M-A Prime motherboard, 1 1TB ( 7200RPM ) hard disk, corsair vengeance lpx DDR4-8 GB-2666MHz, and a Yeyian Mayhem 1200 cabinet, could you help me to choose the right power supply? 

Estoy construyendo una PC de gama baja de bajo costo, pero I don't know what power source I have to use. Los componentes del ensamblaje son un AMD Ryzen 3 2200G (Radeon Vega 8, S-AM4, 3). 50 GHz, cuatro núcleos, 2 MB de caché L2, con disipador Wraith Stealth), una placa base ASUS B450M-A Prime, 1 disco duro de 1 TB (7200 RPM), Corsair vengeance lpx DDR4-8 GB-2666 MHz y un gabinete Yeyian Mayhem 1200, podría ¿Me ayudas a elegir la fuente de alimentación adecuada? 

Edited by LogicalDrm
Translation added

Helps to know where you are located as availability and prices vary depending on country.

I do not know what language you are speaking, but I think you mean:

Ryzen 2200g, b450, 1tb hdd, 8gb ram. 

You don't need more than 400W. that is a very basic computer so *minimum* 350W. 

If you are going to add new parts to the computer or get faster more expensive parts, then go with at least 500W. 

do not listen to @Grigor. that is not a real answer. 800W is a waste. you only need 350W

2 minutes ago, Grigor said:

Take a bit more for future upgrades like 800w 80% GOLD

An 800 watt power supply for an APU? that's literally more than twice what his system would need. 

Main PC:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X • Noctua NH-D15 • MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk • 2x8GB G.skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CL16 • MSI VENTUS 3X GeForce RTX 3070 OC • Samsung 970 Evo 1TB • Samsung 860 Evo 1TB • Cosair iCUE 465X RGB • Corsair RMx 750W (White)

Peripherals/Other:

ASUS VG27AQ • G PRO K/DA • G502 Hero K/DA • G733 K/DA • G840 K/DA • Oculus Quest 2 • Nintendo Switch (Rev. 2)

Laptop (Dell XPS 13):

Intel Core i7-1195G7 • Intel Iris Xe Graphics • 16GB LPDDR4x 4267MHz • 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD • 13.4" OLED 3.5K InfinityEdge Display (3456x2160, 400nit, touch). 

Got any questions about my system or peripherals? Feel free to tag me (@bellabichon) and I'll be happy to give you my two cents. 

PSA: Posting a PCPartPicker list with no explanation isn't helpful for first-time builders :)

dont get me wrong guys its overkill but in future he can upgrade or even if he want he can go for crossfire-sli. The price difference is not that big this is my opinion better to have more instead to need upgrade the psu in time.

5 minutes ago, Grigor said:

dont get me wrong guys its overkill but in future he can upgrade or even if he want he can go for crossfire-sli. The price difference is not that big this is my opinion better to have more instead to need upgrade the psu in time.

tbh the highest i would go is a seasonic focus gold 500w, even that is overkill a bit

9 minutes ago, Grigor said:

he can only afford an APU and you are talking about sli/crossfire? wtf. 

just.....stop....

2 hours ago, Grigor said:

Both are dying/dead (won't stop me from using it, but only because I want to/should).

elephants

@kiuboleraza, I've added translation to your post. Please post in English from now on. This is English-speaking forums, and apart from couple threads in Off Topic and your PMs, English is the only language allowed. If you use translator plugins or similar, please remember to include translation to your posts.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv