Only getting 290Kh/s with a 7950 in cgminer 3.6.6

So i'm using a 7950 to mine dogecoins in cgminer 3.6.6 but only get around 290kh/s, other people are getting 500kh/s+ so I'm starting to wonder what's wrong. Been mining for an hour now and only got 7 dogecoins...

What may the problem be?

could you try using a diferent pool, miner and settings 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

Here are my settings

setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1cgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://coinotron.com:3339 -u ERSCreeper.Miner -p x --gpu-platform 0 -I 19

I am also using a HD 7950.

\

Check in the cgminer if both thread's are active. Below where it says "GPU 0"

Fx-8320 Clocked@ 4.5Ghz, 2 * 4GB Corsair Vengeance Blue, 2 * Gigabyte rev1.0 R9 280x's, 2TB Seagate Drive, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 rev4.0 mobo, Fractal design Define R4 with SP120 High Performance Edition In the Side Panel, Corsair AX 860i, Corsair K60 Reds, Razor DeathAdder.

Here are my settings

setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1cgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://coinotron.com:3339 -u ERSCreeper.Miner -p x --gpu-platform 0 -I 19

I am also using a HD 7950.

I'm using the same settings except for the stratum and stuff of course.

Check in the cgminer if both thread's are active. Below where it says "GPU 0"

it just says gpu 0: 

7xCBV.png

Also, do i edit my cgminer settings in the .bat file?

Do you have any other GPUs in the system, is your monitor directly connected to this 7950 or is the desktop being rendered by another GPU?

person below me is a scrub

I'm using the same settings except for the stratum and stuff of course.

it just says gpu 0: 

7xCBV.png

Also, do i edit my cgminer settings in the .bat file?

It says Thread 1: thread 2: below that line

Fx-8320 Clocked@ 4.5Ghz, 2 * 4GB Corsair Vengeance Blue, 2 * Gigabyte rev1.0 R9 280x's, 2TB Seagate Drive, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 rev4.0 mobo, Fractal design Define R4 with SP120 High Performance Edition In the Side Panel, Corsair AX 860i, Corsair K60 Reds, Razor DeathAdder.

Do you have any other GPUs in the system, is your monitor directly connected to this 7950 or is the desktop being rendered by another GPU?

I just have a 7950 and my monitor is directly plugged into it.

try lowering your OC if you have one, my 7870 runs better at i18 as well

1. What are your exact settings?

2. What are your clock speeds on memory and core?

I could not get a good hashrate stably on my 270X. I was recommended to use the Kalroth cgminer 3.7.2. It solved every problem I had. The settings are a bit different from the regular cgminer though. You'll have to tweak around or do some research for some people using the Kalroth fork of cgminer with a 7950 to find some good settings.

@Bakgrund

Increase the intensity?

Here's my entire miner config, although, I'm mining Litecoin and not Dogecoin, but both coins use scrypt mining, so it's the same setup, essentially. 

(I am also using a 7950.)

"D:\CGMiner 3.4.3\cgminer-3.4.3-windows\cgminer.exe" --scrypt -o [POOL ADDRESS:PORT] -u [uSERNAME] -p [PASSWORD] --thread-concurrency 8192 -I 15 -w 256 -g 1

I get around 500 khashes.

COMIC SANS

1. What are your exact settings?

2. What are your clock speeds on memory and core?

1. COLOR B

setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
cgminer --scrypt -I 13 --no-submit-stale -o stratum+tcp://stratum.rapidhash.net:3333 *passwords and stuff* --failover-only -o stratum+tcp://stratum2.rapidhash.net:3333 *passwords and stuff* --thread-concurrency 8192 -I 15 -w 256 -g 1

Factory overclock at 950/1250

@Bakgrund

Increase the intensity?

Here's my entire miner config, although, I'm mining Litecoin and not Dogecoin, but both coins use scrypt mining, so it's the same setup, essentially. 

(I am also using a 7950.)

"D:\CGMiner 3.4.3\cgminer-3.4.3-windows\cgminer.exe" --scrypt -o [POOL ADDRESS:PORT] -u [uSERNAME] -p [PASSWORD] --thread-concurrency 8192 -I 15 -w 256 -g 1

I get around 500 khashes.

By running your setup i now got 360kh/s, so it's better but still low.

And i might also ask if it's normal to ger artifacts when mining? Seems weird because i'm running the standard factory overclock.

And i might also ask if it's normal to ger artifacts when mining? Seems weird because i'm running the standard factory overclock.

Very normal. Don't worry about it. 

COMIC SANS

Highered my intensity to 18 and overclocked my graphics card to 1100/1350 and now it seems to sit around 400 but it can still improve!

Edit: Seems like it's just about finding the right configuration, i now use the stock clock but with intensity 18 and it seems to be stable at around 500.

Highered my intensity to 18 and overclocked my graphics card to 1100/1350 and now it seems to sit around 400 but it can still improve!

Edit: Seems like it's just about finding the right configuration, i now use the stock clock but with intensity 18 and it seems to be stable at around 500.

When scrypt mining you want a higher clock on the memory with a ratio at about 0.5-0.7 to the core.

Also mess around with the intensity, 17+ for high intensity, below 13 for "normal"/"low". At least in my experience 13 gives the best result, obviously this depends on your own card.

this is for my r9 270 if you haven't fixed it try this but change the -u -p and the pool

cgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://east1.us.stratum.dedicatedpool.com:3339 -u cbarry2.x -p y -g 1 -w 256 -I 18 -v 1 --lookup-gap 2 --thread-concurrency 24000 --gpu-engine 1100 --gpu-memclock 1500 --gpu-powertune 20

Hello, I am a person and this is my Signature. ;)