X570 Aorus Pro - 5950x DRAM LED?

James49495A
I finally managed to get my hands on a 5950x, my first AMD chip for 15+ years. I paired this with the x570 aorus pro motherboard and 64GB 3200 Corsair memory.

Upon building everything the machine would not post, the DRAM light came on, it flicks to CPU and then back to DRAM.

To troubleshoot a potential memory problem I have tried:
1. Reseating the memory.
2. Trying the A2/B2 channels and A1/B1 channels.
3. Used memory from my previous i7, which are 8GB DDR4-2666 dimms I know work perfectly.
4. Tried a single dimm

Nothing I have tried makes any difference. I have also tried running the setup outside of the case.

I do not have another AMD chip to test with.

One thing I notice, the motherboard has the ATX 24 pin connector, an 8 pin ATX CPU + a 4 pin ATX 12V. My PSU (Corsair RMx750) does not appear to have a 4 pin 12V connector. Could this be the problem?

Any other guidance on what I should try or is it likely something is faulty such as MB or CPU (I really hope not because it has taken me 6 weeks to get a 5950x!).

Thanks,

Could be that the board didn't ship with a recent enough BIOS revision to support your 5950X. Since the Aorus Pro supports BIOS Flashback, I'd get the latest BIOS off of Gigabyte's website onto a USB drive, and flash it onto the board.

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/X570-AORUS-PRO-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

• 2 years later...

Hello i just bought a X570S Aorus PRO AX. It is in a NZXT H510 elite, 16Go RAM ballistix sport (2x8Go), 16Go RAM RGB HyperX (2x8Go), ryzen 7 3800x, a radeon RX6700XT, watercooling NZXT X63, 1 HDD (1 to) , 1 SSD 2.5 (1to), ssd nvme 500Go (this one with windows on it) nvme 1to samsung. I got a PSU from corsair a TX650M (650W). I built my PC with this new MB and i have no post. The DRAM led is red and stays red. Tried everything with ram but its is still the same problem. The PC still works with my old X470 tho. Can someone help me ? 

For the CPU cable i have a 8 pin connector instead of a 12 pin one, but i have read that there are no problem with that