Microsoft Remote Desktop

Islam Ghunym

how can I access my PC in my home through my phone while I am away at work (not on the same network).

I want RD because I am sure it will offer best experience with least data usage.

1 minute ago, Grand Admiral Thrawn said:

Dynamic DNS

that is through my router settings right?

10 minutes ago, Islam Ghunym said:

how can I access my PC in my home through my phone while I am away at work (not on the same network).

I want RD because I am sure it will offer best experience with least data usage.

Make sure you have a professionnal licence of Windows 10.

Spoiler

CPU Ryzen 5900X - Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX X570-E - RAM 16GB of G.SKILL NEON 3600 -
GPU EVGA RTX 3080 XC3 - Case Mastercase H500p mesh - PSU Seasonic Focus Gx-850 -
Corsair MP600 NVME 1 Tb, Samsung 960 PRO 500 Gb & 2 Seagate Baracuda 7200 RPM 2TB in stripe -
Display two VG27AQ 2K monitor - Cooling Corsair H150 Pro - 

Keyboard G-910 W/ Romer G tactile - Mouse G 502 Hero (wired) -
Sound Logitech X-530 and Razer Tiamat headphones

Operating System Windows 10

2 minutes ago, Grand Admiral Thrawn said:

Yes indeed. Plus you will need to use a DDNS provider such as no-ip.

my router already offer multiple server to choose from. i will see what works best in my location. thank you

47 minutes ago, Islam Ghunym said:

Please do NOT open RDP port 3389 into your home network! Setup a VPN server or something but do not just open RDP to the world.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

46 minutes ago, Grand Admiral Thrawn said:

Dynamic DNS

I have 2 problems for now:

The wireless router currently uses a private WAN IP address.

This router may be in the multiple-NAT environment and DDNS service cannot work in this environment.

5 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Please do NOT open RDP port 3389 into your home network! Setup a VPN server or something but do not just open RDP to the world.

what would happen if i opened the port to the world? someone may break into my PC? I already have a strong password.

or maybe if a lot of people opened that port things would go crazy with the service for all users in general?

1 minute ago, Islam Ghunym said:

what would happen if i opened the port to the world? someone may break into my PC? I already have a strong password.

or maybe if a lot of people opened that port things would go crazy with the service for all users in general?

It doesn't matter if you think you have a strong password. RDP is always having issues with vulnerabilities and there could be tons of ones undiscovered which could let an attacker bypass your password and wreck havoc on not just your PC but anything else on your network too. It's a security NIGHTMARE to expose RDP to the world.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

6 hours ago, Islam Ghunym said:

DynDNS + a vpn would work fine

or cheat and use like teamviewer or VNC

currently rocking 

AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 32 GB of corsair vengeance RGB ram and hoping to get my 6800XT soon!!!!

and to be honest i'd cheat :)

it works fine

and depending on what you want to do it will serve you perfect

VNC won't allow you to game on your pc at home

teamviewer would in a pooooooooooooooooooor quality

but rdp and vpn also would have some major setbacks as i know loads of games that won't run in RDP

currently rocking 

AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 32 GB of corsair vengeance RGB ram and hoping to get my 6800XT soon!!!!