0 Fan Mode?

LeDetructor

I just bought a Galax 3060 Ti,and ive found out that the fans still spin up at idle(30%) and the temps are 42c.Shouldnt it be in 0 rpm mode?

If it does indeed have a 0RPM mode, when it takes effect will be determined on the default temperature sensor fan curve, not based upon load. If, for example, 0RPM is set to kick in below 30°C, your fans will be running.

Galax doesn't have readily available documentation on any of their 3060ti's that I'm able to find.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

52 minutes ago, Semper said:

If it does indeed have a 0RPM mode, when it takes effect will be determined on the default temperature sensor fan curve, not based upon load. If, for example, 0RPM is set to kick in below 30°C, your fans will be running.

Galax doesn't have readily available documentation on any of their 3060ti's that I'm able to find.

ive tried manually setting the fan curve with msi afterburner but it doesnt seem to take effect?

53 minutes ago, Semper said:

Well, it's on their site under "Specifications" 

Fan stop @ Idle (All Fan)

https://www.galax.com/en/graphics-card/30-series/3060ti-series/geforce-rtx-3060ti-oc.html

1 hour ago, LeDetructor said:

I just bought a Galax 3060 Ti,and ive found out that the fans still spin up at idle(30%) and the temps are 42c.Shouldnt it be in 0 rpm mode?

did you set it to maximum performance in ncp or something? 

Otherwise you may adjust the fancurve with MSI Afterburner to your liking. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

49 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

Well, it's on their site under "Specifications"

Shows that it has a 0RPM mode, yeah, but there's no documentation on what their default curve begins or ends. It doesn't much help in determining if he's above that thermal threshold.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

26 minutes ago, Semper said:

Shows that it has a 0RPM mode, yeah, but there's no documentation on what their default curve begins or ends. It doesn't much help in determining if he's above that thermal threshold.

yes but in my experience if you use "max performance" (which btw is utterly useless as adaptive does the same minus the negative effects) the default fans will spin while idling generally (depends on temps of course) 

PS: depends on the card of course but for example my 1070 will "idle" at around 42-44C so I set Fancurve to start at *45*C, works perfectly it never goes on while idling. And Max  temp is around 49-51C under normal load (aka playing games) funny enough (at around 65-70% fan speeds tbf) 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

1 hour ago, Mark Kaine said:

yes but in my experience if you use "max performance" (which btw is utterly useless as adaptive does the same minus the negative effects) the default fans will spin while idling generally (depends on temps of course) 

PS: depends on the card of course but for example my 1070 will "idle" at around 42-44C so I set Fancurve to start at *45*C, works perfectly it never goes on while idling. And Max  temp is around 49-51C under normal load (aka playing games) funny enough (at around 65-70% fan speeds tbf) 

Ive resetted the ncp settings so the power management is optimal power,i suspect apps using hardware acccelarator but noot sure which