Just Scan Aspect Ratio

Sparky862

Okay, I have some stupid 4K Panasonic TV model th-65fx435q. Anyways, the issue is that the one game I play, Vermintide 2 has some scaling issues when it comes to 4K.

I use a PS4 Slim, so the max output is 1080p for the console but I game on a 4K TV with HDR enabled. The problem I have with this game only is that the interface is "over scanned" or "cropped out" from top to bottom. Here is a user with similar problem and an image of the issue.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Vermintide/comments/a6mntr/screen_cut_off_ps4/

The aspect ratios for my TV is 4:3, 16:9, Just Scan and Auto. Obviously 4:3 fits the image top to bottom but crops left to right and 16:9 fits left to right and crops top to bottom .... in theory.

I run at 16:9 because that is the only setting for fullscreen 4K. Auto as well. But then my game looks like the link above where it is cut of from top to bottom.

Now the fix for this issue is to disable overscan or select a ratio like Fit to Screen ect. Obviously my TV does not have those individual settings and instead they are integrated into the aspect ratio. Which causes the overscan automatically. So the next viable fix is choosing Just Scan ... And it works .... but here is the issue.

My PS4 outputs Max 1080p and by choosing Just Scan on my 64" Display, it obviously displays the 1080p output at a 1:1 Ratio on my 64" Display. So in the end I end up with a 32" rectangle dead center of my screen on a 64" display. And inside that 32" rectangle the interface is displayed correctly with no cropping. But how the hell are you going to play 32" on a 64" display inside that tiny rectangle?

So my question is, is there a fix for this somehow I am missing? Can I enlarge this Just Scaned 32" rectangle to the full 64" of my TV somehow?