PC freezes

ItzUknown

I have a long lasting problem with my computer. When playing a game (not every time) a buzzing electrical-like sound is being produced by a part of the computer. I think that the problem is my GPU, a Zotac 2060 SUPER. I sent the card back to the shop I bought from and they didn't find a problem. Then a week later the received my motherboard which also was alright according to them. My PSU is a Gigabyte B700h 80+ Bronze which I bought for my old 1050 ti (I sold it, so I cannot test the system with it). The thing that's been bothering me though is that when I stopped my cards fan the pc froze. Could it be the GPU, the Motherboard or the PSU? If none of them, what do you think could be the cause? 

What is your mobo and CPU? To me it sounds like either there is insufficient airflow either for the GPU or in general, or the GPU is somehow damages. A less likely cause could be that either the PSU is damaged or is not powerful enough, but thats highly unlikely. 

My current build:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X

Mobo: Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite V2

GPU: XFX Radeon RX 6800 SWFT 319

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO (4x8 3200MHz)

Storage: Patriot P300 128GB, XPG SPECTRIX S40G 1TB, WD HDD 1TB

Cooler: Corsair iCUE H150i RGB ELITE

PSU: Corsair RMx 750W 80 Plus Gold

Case: Corsair 4000D

Monitor: AOC Q27G2S

Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB PLATINUM

Mouse: Roccat Burst Pro

Headphones: Roccat ELO 7.1 USB

Microphone: Roccat Torch

11 minutes ago, MRDotted said:

What is your mobo and CPU? To me it sounds like either there is insufficient airflow either for the GPU or in general, or the GPU is somehow damages. A less likely cause could be that either the PSU is damaged or is not powerful enough, but thats highly unlikely. 

The motherboard is an Asus TUF B450-Pro Gaming and the CPU is a Ryzen 2600. Only other thing I haven't mentoned is that I have corsair vengenace clocked at 3200mhz (overclocked from 3000mhz) and a 4TB HDD and 128GB SSD. The case is a 280x from corsair which has ok airflow

3 hours ago, ItzUknown said:

The motherboard is an Asus TUF B450-Pro Gaming and the CPU is a Ryzen 2600. Only other thing I haven't mentoned is that I have corsair vengenace clocked at 3200mhz (overclocked from 3000mhz) and a 4TB HDD and 128GB SSD. The case is a 280x from corsair which has ok airflow

you can try running the ram at default settings and see if that improves something but I doubt it... 

really, you need another gpu to try out... best with similar power requirements as your current one... it's the only way, you need to test out parts... 

if it still happens with another gpu, next thing is motherboard or psu... and that's about it, one of these parts is likely to cause your issues. 

of course you could start with the psu, because usually it's psu tbh... 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

6 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

you can try running the ram at default settings and see if that improves something but I doubt it... 

really, you need another gpu to try out... best with similar power requirements as your current one... it's the only way, you need to test out parts... 

if it still happens with another gpu, next thing is motherboard or psu... and that's about it, one of these parts is likely to cause your issues. 

of course you could start with the psu, because usually it's psu tbh... 

I sent it to the shop I had bought it from and they tested it with a GPU and with an APU (the motheroard) again the same thing with the GPU they used another system with it. Only thing I haven't sent back because I didn't think it was worth using the warranty (its not that good of a unit) is the psu. Thinking about buying a Seasonic GX650 I think its called.