Vram problem

matthijsyeet

I just bought the same card as my friend, the rtx 3090 zotac. we both play cod cold war but when we both max out the settings, my vram is 5000 and his is 8000. Also his game is way better looking than mine and we have both a 1080p monitor. i cant find it anywhere. the only differnse is that he has e 19 10850k and i have a 17 8700k. but that doesnt effect it that mutch, does it? This is not the only game that has this problem (btw sorry for my english) pls help

Less VRAM suggests that you are playing at lower detail settings and/or lower texture resolution.

It could be possible that the game automatically uses lower settings because the CPU isn't fast enough to keep the card supplied with data otherwise.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

It's the rtx 3000 series cards. They are underperforming for a lot of people. Ive seen several people each day on this forum with that very issue. I'm holding back from buying one for that reason. I guess it will be fixed at some point with a driver update.

58 minutes ago, Digideath said:

Het zijn de kaarten uit de rtx 3000-serie. Ze presteren voor veel mensen ondermaats. Ik heb elke dag verschillende mensen op dit forum gezien met datzelfde probleem. Om die reden aarzel ik om er een te kopen. Ik denk dat het op een gegeven moment zal worden opgelost met een stuurprogramma-update.

@DigideathSo i cant do anything about it? its weird right? why does it work fine on my friends pc and not on mine?

1 hour ago, Eigenvektor said:

Less VRAM suggests that you are playing at lower detail settings and/or lower texture resolution.

It could be possible that the game automatically uses lower settings because the CPU isn't fast enough to keep the card supplied with data otherwise.

@Eigenvektoridk, when i check in settings. everything is on ultra

26 minutes ago, matthijsyeet said:

So i cant do anything about it? its weird right? why does it work fine on my friends pc and not on mine?

I dont know. Its random. It works for some people and not others. I've seen people with 3080s who get low frame rates and only 45% gpu usage with no cpu bottleneck. They are being held back by something. 

I was originally going to get a 3070 but between scalpers, crashing issues and performance issues, I held back on it. I'll wait till they fix them first.

1 minute ago, Digideath said:

I dont know. Its random. It works for some people and not others. I've seen people with 3080s who get low frame rates and only 45% gpu usage with no cpu bottleneck. They are being held back by something. 

I was originally going to get a 3070 but between scalpers, crashing issues and performance issues, I held back on it. I'll wait till they fix them first.

@Digideath hmm thanks anyway, i tried to google it for so long but couldnt find it anywhere. Do you know if nvidia allready said something about this problem?

2 minutes ago, matthijsyeet said:

@Digideath hmm thanks anyway, i tried to google it for so long but couldnt find it anywhere. Do you know if nvidia allready said something about this problem?

No word from nvidia about this specific problem. I'm just going by the number of threads I've seen on here where people are complaining about poor performance and not being able to utilize the full card.

2 minuten geleden zei Digideath:

Geen woord van nvidia over dit specifieke probleem. Ik ga gewoon af op het aantal threads dat ik hier heb gezien, waar mensen klagen over slechte prestaties en niet in staat zijn om de volledige kaart te gebruiken.

@Digideath

oh oké, ik ga toch upgraden naar de i9 10850k, hoop dat dat helpt ... bedankt

21 minutes ago, matthijsyeet said:

@Eigenvektoridk, when i check in settings. everything is on ultra

What I mean is that the game itself might decide to use lower settings, despite what you have configured. So you switch for example the detail level to Ultra, but the game detects the CPU is not fast enough for that so it actually uses e.g. High internally.

Another possibility: Is your friend using DLSS / RTX and you are not?

1 minute ago, Eigenvektor said:

What I mean is that the game itself might decide to use lower settings, despite what you have configured. So you switch for example the detail level to Ultra, but the game detects the CPU is not fast enough for that so it actually uses e.g. High internally.

Another possibility: Is your friend using DLSS / RTX and you are not?

@Eigenvektor every rtx setting is on and on ultra. and that would be weird cuz some games uses up to 12 gb of vram, and those games are twice as big as cod cold war so idk, thanks anyway

1 hour ago, matthijsyeet said:

@Eigenvektor every rtx setting is on and on ultra. and that would be weird cuz some games uses up to 12 gb of vram, and those games are twice as big as cod cold war so idk, thanks anyway

The size of a game has nothing to do with how much VRAM it uses or how CPU intensive it is.

If COD determines that e.g. your CPU is too weak to send the required number of triangles to the GPU per frame, it might automatically scale back the number of triangles which would then reduce CPU load, VRAM usage and also make things look less good.