Oculus support problem

Chezy Gun

Hello. I need to send my Rift S back, because evertime I put it on it's just a black screen. The problem is I baught it on amazon and shipped to my country, but now that I have to return it support says they don't ship to my country. That would not have been a problem, but just shipping it to a country from where I can send it to them costs the same as a new headset. I have had the headset for a couple of months. Is there a way to get around this? 

29 minutes ago, Chezy Gun said:

Hello. I need to send my Rift S back, because evertime I put it on it's just a black screen. The problem is I baught it on amazon and shipped to my country, but now that I have to return it support says they don't ship to my country. That would not have been a problem, but just shipping it to a country from where I can send it to them costs the same as a new headset. I have had the headset for a couple of months. Is there a way to get around this? 

What country are you from I might be able to help out

Please help me out and donate to my go fund me to help get parts for a gaming pc. Any amount is useful. Thanks! (dm for link)

2 minutes ago, Itachi_Uchiha said:

What country are you from I might be able to help out

South Africa

1 minute ago, Chezy Gun said:

South Africa

Can u send the amazon link u purchased this from

Please help me out and donate to my go fund me to help get parts for a gaming pc. Any amount is useful. Thanks! (dm for link)

8 minutes ago, Chezy Gun said:

Sorry looks like that’s the policy. Since you’re gonna ship overseas it will cost to return. But it shouldn’t not allow you to return it

1 hour ago, Itachi_Uchiha said:

But it shouldn’t not allow you to return it

It doesn't but just the shipping there is the same as a new headset. It's really expensive

That's just life when living in a country where something is not supported. Oculus products are also not sold where I live, so while I have been lucky and everything has been working so far, none of the devices have any warranty so if something was broken at any point the only recourse would be just to buy a new one. That topped with everything costing more makes me sometimes wonder if this gambling even makes sense, but such is life.