MSI 3060 Ti Ventus 2x noise problems

ExTeR

BTW, if I disable the curve it goes to 0 RPM, so there is nothing in the midle from 0 to 1800 RPM.

15 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

I give up... 

so sad you gave up xD

Heya. On default, my MSI Ventus 3060Ti OC 2X behaves better. Under load, it holds at around 70 degrees. After another OC, maybe up to 1 degree higher. Reproted clocks were very bad, but after some fiddling, it was running at around 1900MHz and after OC it does 2035 with 2100MHz peaks in 3D Mark Firestrike. Under brutal load (OCCT and such, clocks are lower). It is not quiet card, but isn't loud for what it is either. Nearly drowns underother fans noise. Only thing I do not like is that with fan-stop, it slowly heats up to the point that fans start spinning, and cool down the card for about 5 minutes. Then the process repeats. Doesn't bother me sound wise, it stays quiet, but that is not sufficient cooling in my book. Well, one gets what he pays for I guess. It is still very usable unit. The previous one gave me lower test results (-2%) and died on me after about 30minutes of use. But I did not earn my nick for nothing, soooo.... 

I would return your piece if I was in your shoes.

12 hours ago, CrashPC said:

Heya. On default, my MSI Ventus 3060Ti OC 2X behaves better. Under load, it holds at around 70 degrees. After another OC, maybe up to 1 degree higher. Reproted clocks were very bad, but after some fiddling, it was running at around 1900MHz and after OC it does 2035 with 2100MHz peaks in 3D Mark Firestrike. Under brutal load (OCCT and such, clocks are lower). It is not quiet card, but isn't loud for what it is either. Nearly drowns underother fans noise. Only thing I do not like is that with fan-stop, it slowly heats up to the point that fans start spinning, and cool down the card for about 5 minutes. Then the process repeats. Doesn't bother me sound wise, it stays quiet, but that is not sufficient cooling in my book. Well, one gets what he pays for I guess. It is still very usable unit. The previous one gave me lower test results (-2%) and died on me after about 30minutes of use. But I did not earn my nick for nothing, soooo.... 

I would return your piece if I was in your shoes.

Thats the temps and status of fans after 30 minutes of tomb raider on the ventus 2x on everything stock (gpu pretty much always at 99%). On stock ventus 3x is around 10-12 ºC less. Fans at 87% is pretty bad, compared to the 40% on the ventus 3x (rpms do not correlate, its close to 2400 on the ventus 2x and around 1800-1900 on the ventus 3x).

Do not know if it is the normal behaviour, but that ventus 2x is going back to the shop.

IMG_20201212_000656.jpg

On 12/10/2020 at 7:34 PM, Mark Kaine said:

I give up... 

Well, changed the card for a Gaming X Trio 3060 Ti... playing at 60 fps at 1440p, (watch dog 2) temperature is lower than 50ºC and even card stops spinning some times o_O

At 1440p 144hz (tomb raider), card goes maximum at 67ºC after more than 30 minutes game play TOTALLY silent.

It's clear why ventus are not for review anywhere.

So no case flow, no giving up on fan speeds xD

• 2 weeks later...

i have a 3060ti ventus 3x and its default setting is to have fans off until it reaches 60*c then the fans turn on to 30%. however the lowest fan % you can have when making a fan curve is 30% and its very loud. i want to have my card have the fans off until it reaches like 50*c then the fans come on at like 20% quietly and then graduly turn up when the temp gets higher. Does anyone know how to make this card quieter and still be cool. (all stock i havent overclocked the card at all) im using the corsair 4000d airflow with 6 be quiet silent wings 3. 

Just now, BlueSquirrel12 said:

i have a 3060ti ventus 3x and its default setting is to have fans off until it reaches 60*c then the fans turn on to 30%. however the lowest fan % you can have when making a fan curve is 30% and its very loud. i want to have my card have the fans off until it reaches like 50*c then the fans come on at like 20% quietly and then graduly turn up when the temp gets higher. Does anyone know how to make this card quieter and still be cool. (all stock i havent overclocked the card at all) im using the corsair 4000d airflow with 6 be quiet silent wings 3. 

when idle it graduly get hotter with no fans spinning then when it gets to 60*c the fans come on at 30% and turns off at 45*C and keeps repeating. i have nothing open but msi afterburner.

On 12/27/2020 at 8:07 PM, BlueSquirrel12 said:

when idle it graduly get hotter with no fans spinning then when it gets to 60*c the fans come on at 30% and turns off at 45*C and keeps repeating. i have nothing open but msi afterburner.

Ventus seems to be just bad cards. 

My ventus on idle never started the fans, its wierd with so many fans you have.

With a little bit of changes on afterburner i got the card to work at around 1700 1800 rpm at 83 degrees or so at full load, making noise acceptable.

Exhaust of hot air on the ventus 2x is on the direction of fan intake of the case... so... it will run hot.

Changed to a gaming trio X and it makes no noise. Fans are spin at 1100 rpm at 68 on full load. (just minimal coil whine)

On 12/27/2020 at 8:05 PM, BlueSquirrel12 said:

Oh, just read you have a ventus 3x..., ventus 3x minimum fan rpms are 1800, which makes too much noise. They might fix it on a bios update, but any card at 30% should be silent, which in this case is not.

It even does not appear in dragon center. I had to return it because of this....

On 12/10/2020 at 7:34 PM, Mark Kaine said:

I give up... 

Hi Mark, do not blame who is posting by putting not really useful posts.

As you can see the curve was not making any difference and ventus 3060TI are shitty cards. No reviews were posted for a reason....