bad cpu

hello, i have a i5 6500 and i wonder if there is anything i can do to make it faster. i have very bad fps on the new call of duty and the cpu load is at 100% all the time. i have all the settings at the lowest and render resolution on 80 and is still lags sometimes. gpu is 1060. and i have the game on an ssd.

Other than changing the cpu, to my knowledge there isn't much else you can do. You could try optimizing the game more, or/and having little to no background tasks running and optimizing windows.

Nope. The new cod expects a 8 thread cpu at the minimum to run somewhat well and yours is just a 4core / 4thread one so nothing you can do but get another cpu. Upgrading is not advised on your current platform due to the i7's still costing a stupid amount of money

the 6500 can't be improved, sorry. The best you could do is get some dual channel ram with the highest supported speed on your motherboard (if it's a B150 motherboard, might be 2133) and it may improve the experience.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, Fasauceome said:

the 6500 can't be improved, sorry. The best you could do is get some dual channel ram with the highest supported speed on your motherboard (if it's a B150 motherboard, might be 2133) and it may improve the experience.

It won't the game really needs 8 threads it does this on stuff like a i5 9600k too but runs fine on even a i7 2600k (of course not as high max fps but it's stable compared to the unstable fps and stutters on the 9600k). It's just a thing of needing 8 threads here

2 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Nope. The new cod expects a 8 thread cpu at the minimum to run somewhat well and yours is just a 4core / 4thread one so nothing you can do but get another cpu. Upgrading is not advised on your current platform due to the i7's still costing a stupid amount of money

so the best solution at this time and for the least money possible is to buy a new cpu. like 9600k?

2 minutes ago, jaslion said:

It won't the game really needs 8 threads it does this on stuff like a i5 9600k too but runs fine on even a i7 2600k (of course not as high max fps but it's stable compared to the unstable fps and stutters on the 9600k). It's just a thing of needing 8 threads here

I don't expect it to bring a smooth 60 fps across the board but on my brother's i5-7400, more memory bandwidth was able to clear up the more severe stuttering in some games.

1 minute ago, hassenasse3 said:

so the best solution at this time and for the least money possible is to buy a new cpu. like 9600k?

Don't buy a 9600k, for your own sakes.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, hassenasse3 said:

ok so new mobo and cpu or im stupid, right? 

The best CPU you could get for your motherboard would be something like a 6700 or 7700 but good luck getting one of those for under $200.

But you'd be surprised how much those 6th and 7th gen i5 CPUs sell for. After buying a new CPU and motherboard (and maybe ram if you haven't got any fast ram) you could make back a good chunk of what you spent, probably over half.

Primary PC:

7 minutes ago, hassenasse3 said:

No. The 9600k also has problems running the game. I recommend a ryzen 3600 as that is 6 cores AND has another 6threads making it a 6core/12thread cpu instead of the 6 core i5 which does not have ht and that is a problem for gaming

8 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

I don't expect it to bring a smooth 60 fps across the board but on my brother's i5-7400, more memory bandwidth was able to clear up the more severe stuttering in some games.

Don't buy a 9600k, for your own sakes.

It can help but I do not recommend any money investments into a platform that is going to become obsolete for gaming in a short time due to the new consoles even with the best cpu. Also fully agree with you on any 6 core that does not have ht and would also add the 9700k which lacks ht

okay, i will save up some money and go the full upgrade to ryzen. feels like the best decision. thanks for all the help.