BSOD after graphics card driver installation

I'm open to any suggestions.. please anyone!  

Can u enter safemode?

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Yes, I can enter safemode. 

can you remove AMD driver in safemode and then enter normal mode without BSOD?

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

can you remove AMD driver in safemode and then enter normal mode without BSOD?

Yes, I can do this!

I am not sure if this has something to do with your problem but there is an old topic on this forum about GA-990FXA-UD3  rev. 3.0 you might check this out :

Things that i would try:

-Install HWmonitor and check the temperatures

-check heat sinks after BSOD

-cold boot BSOD?

-try all gpu drivers

-clear CMOS

-move the graphics card in another pci-e slot

-check voltages

-underclocking CPU (lowering multiplier) at fixed stock voltage

I am not sure if this has something to do with your problem but there is an old topic on this forum about GA-990FXA-UD3  rev. 3.0 you might check this out :

Things that i would try:
-Install HWmonitor and check the temperatures
-check heat sinks after BSOD
-cold boot BSOD?
-try all gpu drivers
-clear CMOS
-move the graphics card in another pci-e slot
-check voltages
-underclocking CPU (lowering multiplier) at fixed stock voltage

Thanks for the help!!  I will gladly give those a try.  

However, just for clarity, things I have already tried:

- Cold boot BSOD?-- YES, still get it.

- Try all GPU drivers-- tried up to about 8 or so previous versions of the drivers.

- Moved graphics card to another pci-e slot-- No luck in any of them

• 1 month later...

Thank god I've found someone with the same problem as me! If you found the solution please reply 'cause I'm having this issue with my new pc that I just build 2 weeks ago.

Try pumping some more voltage to your cpu. Some AMD cpus are shit and they aren't stable at the default settings. I had this exact same problem with my 1090T a few years back. I got constant BSODs and only this helped. Give it a try. :)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

• 3 weeks later...

Thank god I've found someone with the same problem as me! If you found the solution please reply 'cause I'm having this issue with my new pc that I just build 2 weeks ago.

Unfortunately, still no solution.  Brought the computer to an IT friend and he's working on it with his coworkers!   

Please tell me you found a fix?  What's your setup? 

• 4 weeks later...

Yep, still not working.

"atikmpag.sys - file is corrupted"

Tried this:  http://www.computertipsfree.com/fix-43029-atikmdag-sys-blue-screen-bsod-in-windows-7/

Is there anything  I can do at this point besides just buying a different motherboard???

Not sure if you have tried this before but I would try updating video card bios.

Please do not necro threads. Next time if you want to solve this I would create a new thread and link this thread into your new thread.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Can you try an integrity check? Admin command prompt -> type "sfc /scannow"

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

Not sure if you have tried this before but I would try updating video card bios.

Please do not necro threads. Next time if you want to solve this I would create a new thread and link this thread into your new thread.

I have not tried updating the video card bios, but I can.  This card did work in a difference machine, however.

Can you try an integrity check? Admin command prompt -> type "sfc /scannow"

I can!  Will try this, thank you.  

• 1 month later...

UPDATE: 

Just wanted to get some closure on this, in case anyone was having a similar issue.

Turns out, after replacing nearly everything but the motherboard over the past 6 months, the motherboard was at fault.

I did a 2nd RMA to Gigabyte for the mobo, and they sent me a new one.  Installed drivers, and it WORKS!

Thanks to everyone who offered their help! 

Now the question is, what to do with my extra 7850?!?   .....perhaps crossfire??