GPU Upgrade

I've been experiencing a lot of frame rate drops during any game that I've been playing. I built my first pc not knowing about bottlenecking and thus I paired a Ryzen 7 3700x and an Rx 580.For day to day functions it is perfectly fine, however as soon as I boot into a gaming the GPU utilization jumps to100% and fluctuates between 3 - 100 constantly as soon as I move my mouse quickly. Was told that I needed more ram so I added some but to no avail I was still met with the same issue. So when I can afford it I will be upgrading my GPU to something more suited to the build.

Specs:

Asus strix x570 E-Gaming motherboard

Ryzen 7  3700x with box cooler

24gb 3200mhz ram

CXM 650W 

1tb M.2 NVME

1tb HDD

Gigabyte RX 580 8gb

Any suggestions for an upgrade I am looking for something around the $400-$500 Canadian price point, and I will be selling my current GPU on Kijiji.

Thank you in advance

Edited by HelloJello
Currency was wrong

With just the mouse pushing usage to 100% I would think something is wrong in the software. But for an upgrade to get more out of your system, $500 gets you into some pretty solid territory. A 3060 ti, if you manage to get one, is a good value at that price, and if the 3070 is ever available, you might manage to afford one of the low end models.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

With just the mouse pushing usage to 100% I would think something is wrong in the software. But for an upgrade to get more out of your system, $500 gets you into some pretty solid territory. A 3060 ti, if you manage to get one, is a good value at that price, and if the 3070 is ever available, you might manage to afford one of the low end models.

How would I be able to know if its a problem with the software is there any way to test this out?

It`ll be quite a while for me to get one of those unless I buy one from a scalper or wait. Either way thank you for the input! :)

18 minutes ago, HelloJello said:

How would I be able to know if its a problem with the software is there any way to test this out?

you could try a few things like downloading and running DDU to delete drivers and reinstall, or reinstalling windows.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

For that money you should be able to get a 3070 when the stock issues normalize. However, for now, you can do some troubleshooting in order to resolve the issue you are having with your RX 580 while gaming. It is not normal for such fluctuations to occur. Considering that it only happens when moving the mouse quickly there might be something funky going on with the drivers or the OS. If you have the time, my advice would be to do a clean OS reinstall and start from scratch. You cannot imagine how many issues are seolved only by reinstalling Windows. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

2 hours ago, Analog said:

For that money you should be able to get a 3070 when the stock issues normalize. However, for now, you can do some troubleshooting in order to resolve the issue you are having with your RX 580 while gaming. It is not normal for such fluctuations to occur. Considering that it only happens when moving the mouse quickly there might be something funky going on with the drivers or the OS. If you have the time, my advice would be to do a clean OS reinstall and start from scratch. You cannot imagine how many issues are seolved only by reinstalling Windows. 

The 3070 in Canada is around $750+ so a bit out of my price range, but it may be worth the upgrade to match my cpu usage. Going to reinstall the OS now, and see if that solves the issue.

Thank you for your input :)