the scalpers won...

wyliecoyote827

at least in the region were i live, EVERY canada computers was cleared out of all 3060ti cards in less then 20 minutes. i dont even live way out in the sticks, i live in a pretty large suburb area. same goes for bestbuy. they never even went in stock, they were done the second they went up. and newegg... at least when i locked at the time of launch, they got cleared out first. NOTHING from newegg at all. i knew this was going to be tough but jesus. 

side note, now that i have to wait until the rtx 4080 is released for prices on ampere cards to get fixed, what would be a better deal once prices are fixed - a 3070 or a 3060ti? assuming they are both at msrp (550-570 for 3060ti before tax, and 680-700 for 3070 before tax). are 3070s even worth it anymore? 

other side note, i know this is standard but asus is actualy selling strix 3060ti cards for more then 3070s. do they actualy think it will work?

final note, to anybody who didnt get a 3060ti (like me and my buddy), remember the "ti" in 3060ti. there will most certainly be a 3060, and maybe 3050 cards, but as for the later, we cant know for sure yet. all hope is not lost, because at this rate a 3060 non ti will still probably beat up a 2070 super or somthing idk. just try agan next time and sit back and watch as the scalpers cant sell ANY of there cards. they got the cards, so they sort of won, but if they cant sell a single one, they also lost.

do not give up hope gamers! we can still defeat them!

Don't forget the RTX 3001!
50 CUDA cores

1 RT core

1 tensor core

512GB GDDR VRAM
PCIe 1.0 x16 interface
1x VGA out
A 50W TDP
Passive cooling

But it has ray-tracing. 

elephants

It depends what you are doing but the 3060ti seems like the better value 

to be honest, if you find either in stock right now. Just grab whichever you can unless you already have an ok card

28 minutes ago, wyliecoyote827 said:

3060 non ti will still probably beat up a 2070 super or somthing idk.

I wouldn't be too sure of that. Personally, I think it'd be closer to 2070 vanilla and will cost <$250, just like the 1660 Super. 

I'm quoting my previous post here:

Well, there's a pretty noticeable difference between the two cards; as per Tech Power Up's specs sheet:

3060.jpg.71f0c6cb43699704c3be1b07325ee04c.jpg

+20% rasterization (judging by the number of cores and TMUs), +20% render units, +25% memory bandwidth, 6GB vs. 8GB vRAM, not the mention the different graphics processor (GA104 vs. 106). The gap between them is about as wide as the one between 1660 Super (~$220) and 2060 Super (~$400). 

The way I see it, the 3060Ti should've been the 3070 and the 3070 should've been the 3070Ti.

Anyhow, I'm merely speculating at the moment! Let's wait patiently and see how things unfold. 

5 minutes ago, ragnarok0273 said:

Don't forget the RTX 3001!
50 CUDA cores

1 RT core

1 tensor core

512GB GDDR VRAM
PCIe 1.0 x16 interface
1x VGA out
A 50W TDP
Passive cooling

But it has ray-tracing. 

I'm sure you meant 512 megs not gigs, heh!

Believe it or not; I'd absolutely LOVE to see the successor of the 'legendary' GT1030. I mean, wouldn't it be nice to get RX570/1060 3GB or even 1050Ti level performance in a super compact sub 40W passive cooled package that cost 80 bucks shipped?! That'd be a dream come true for people who are running those cheap SFF OEM machines!

Doubt that's going to happen though; as Ampere appears to be extremely power hungry!

2 minutes ago, Man said:

I'm sure you meant 512 megs not gigs, heh!

Believe it or not; I'd absolutely LOVE to see the successor of the 'legendary' GT1030. I mean, wouldn't it be nice to get RX570/1060 3GB or even 1050Ti level performance in a super compact sub 40W passive cooled package that cost 80 bucks shipped?! That'd be a dream come true for people who are running those cheap SFF OEM machines!

Doubt that's going to happen though; as Ampere appears to be extremely power hungry!

No, I meant 512GB.
It's taking the GT 710 approach: Lots of VRAM and a crap GPU.

elephants

35 minutes ago, ragnarok0273 said:

It's taking the GT 710 approach: Lots of VRAM and a crap GPU.

GT710 with its 2GB vRAM is nothing, mate. 

Look-up Fermi variants of GT630 and GT730 which are basically rebadged GT430s and came with whopping 4GB of vRAM (DDR3).

I've a DDR3 GT440 (basically an OC'd GT430) and even 1GB vRAM is an overkill. Should've gone with the DDR5 variant...

I'm seeing prices on ebay with a buy now price for mrsp or a little higher at the moment for the 3060ti. Of course you also  have those selling for much higher.

i9 13900k | MSI Z790 CARBON WiFi | 32GB Kingston FURY Beast | Asus TUF Gaming 4090 OC | WD Black NVMe 1TB | WD 2TB SSD | Thermaltake 1350 80 Plus Gold | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420mm | Windows 11 Pro | Alienware 240hz | Phanteks Eclipse P500A Digital LED | HyperX Alloy | Logitech G502 | HyperX Alpha

3 hours ago, Mondale said:

I'm seeing prices on ebay with a buy now price for mrsp or a little higher at the moment for the 3060ti. Of course you also  have those selling for much higher.

For real cards, or just an image of the card? There were many of these fake listings this morning.

I don’t want to gloat but it really depends on the country. Here in Japan there are plenty of 3060 Ti and 3070s, not so many 3080s (but still available) and loads of 3090s. It’s the 6800 and 6800XT that are hard to come by. 

CPU i7 14700K | CPU Cooler Noctua NH-U12A | Motherboard MSI Pro Z690-A | GPU Zotac Airo RTX 4080 | RAM 32 GB GSkill Ripjaws V 4400
Mhz |
 Monitor Alienware AW2721D / Gigabyte M28U | PSU ASUS ROG Strix 850G