Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tight cpu cooler

How tight is your cpu cooler? I have a h150i with Ryzen cpu and I turned the "screws" until they can't turn anymore. Seems a little too much to me but is it normal?

Thanks

I do the same thing on my Noctua NH-D15. I learned the "hard" way after seeing temperature fluctuations after I only turned the two screws that hold the cooler to the bracket on maybe a turn on the top one...with the bottom one barely applying any tension, which was evident after seeing the thermal paste not spread out towards that screw. It was like that for about a year and a half before I saw that this summer. 

PSU Tier List  || Graphics Card Tier List 

Resonance Cascade Specifications: 

CPU: Intel i9-10980XE 18C/36T  ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB(8x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO  1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD:2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: MSI RTX 2080 GAMING X TRIO  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 900D  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  MonitorMSI MAG271CQR 144HZ 27" 

My dad screwed his cooler too tight and wrecked his Phenom X3.

Plus there was a bit too much paste and it turned into thermal glue.

Cool tech tip inside:

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler