Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Many different blue screen codes, computer freezes then bricks, happening for ~ year

Hello, 

 

My computer has been giving me a blue screen upon bootup, restart, or wake up from sleep. 

 

To preface this, I have 1 SATA SSD (m.2) which contains my OS. Externally, I have two 1 TB HDD drives to store my other information. It is important to note that my computer is caching on one of the HDD since my OS drive is full, something in a performance menu - I cannot remember the exact menu for this, Windows had told me that my C was full and to switch it to another drive. Both of my HDD were salvaged from old computers and one of them is making a constant rattling noise, but it doesn't bother me so I've left it alone.


Below are the slew of blue screens that I have gotten. I also have dump files that have been created, though I'm not sure how to open these and if these will be of any help.

 

5f8b510d585aaecd9876a334a7aa5042.jpg

 

c92c8421583405f7d0831ac423eb2a30.jpg

 

b5f93c0fb785113daebc167585fa3f69.jpg

 

99f8dc96b23097eceefb34ab8096376a.jpg

 

 

 

 

Thank you for any help you can offer!

 

 

MFP (My First PC) - Mobo: MSI - X470 GAMING PRO CARBON | CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 X | RAM: Team T-Force Vulcan 16 GB 3000 | STORAGE: Crucial MX500 M.2 500 GB | GPU: GTX 1080 | CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C | FANS: 3 extra Noctura NF-F12 PWM 120mm | PSU: EVGA 750 W Semi-Modular 
MFL (My First Laptop) - 15 inch Mac Book Pro w/ Touch Bar 
OD (Old Desktop) - 5k iMac 27 inch

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, D3monw3st said:

Both of my HDD were salvaged from old computers and one of them is making a constant rattling noise, but it doesn't bother me so I've left it alone.

 

You should be bothered when a HDD starts making any noise whatsoever as that indicated a failing drive and you need to replace it. If you keep backups, this shouldn't be that hard to do. It can be the bearing in the hub going out. 

 

Your BSODs seems like they are related to memory issues. Have you used a memory tester to see if it pass? Are you using DOCP?

PSU Tier List  || Graphics Card Tier List 

 

Resonance Cascade Specifications: 

 

CPU: Intel i9-10980XE 18C/36T  ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB(8x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO  1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD:2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: MSI RTX 2080 GAMING X TRIO  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 900D  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  MonitorMSI MAG271CQR 144HZ 27" 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

You should be bothered when a HDD starts making any noise whatsoever as that indicated a failing drive and you need to replace it. If you keep backups, this shouldn't be that hard to do. It can be the bearing in the hub going out. 

 

Your BSODs seems like they are related to memory issues. Have you used a memory tester to see if it pass? Are you using DOCP?

Hi CommanderAlex,

Thank you for your comment. I will definitely look at getting the HDD replaced. On the other hand, I am currently using two sticks of 8 gb 3000 mhz ram in dual channel. I have went into my MSI mobo bios and set the XMP to clock them at 3000 mhz. 

May I also ask what memory tests I can do? I began the Windows Memory Management test, but it seemed to have passed the tests till 80% where my computer had to be shut down - needed to use it. 

MFP (My First PC) - Mobo: MSI - X470 GAMING PRO CARBON | CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 X | RAM: Team T-Force Vulcan 16 GB 3000 | STORAGE: Crucial MX500 M.2 500 GB | GPU: GTX 1080 | CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C | FANS: 3 extra Noctura NF-F12 PWM 120mm | PSU: EVGA 750 W Semi-Modular 
MFL (My First Laptop) - 15 inch Mac Book Pro w/ Touch Bar 
OD (Old Desktop) - 5k iMac 27 inch

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, D3monw3st said:

Hi CommanderAlex,

Thank you for your comment. I will definitely look at getting the HDD replaced. On the other hand, I am currently using two sticks of 8 gb 3000 mhz ram in dual channel. I have went into my MSI mobo bios and set the XMP to clock them at 3000 mhz. 

Anytime.

 

Have you tried resorting them to their default speeds and running the system? This can also be related to having no room on the OS drive and having a failing HDD that is in use with the OS using those two HDDs. 

PSU Tier List  || Graphics Card Tier List 

 

Resonance Cascade Specifications: 

 

CPU: Intel i9-10980XE 18C/36T  ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB(8x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO  1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD:2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: MSI RTX 2080 GAMING X TRIO  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 900D  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  MonitorMSI MAG271CQR 144HZ 27" 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CommanderAlex said:

Anytime.

 

Have you tried resorting them to their default speeds and running the system? This can also be related to having no room on the OS drive and having a failing HDD that is in use with the OS using those two HDDs. 

Their default speed would be the recommended speed I had purchased them at? Which would be 3000 mhz. 

Also, I had updated my prior message, what would be some memory tests that I can do? 

MFP (My First PC) - Mobo: MSI - X470 GAMING PRO CARBON | CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 X | RAM: Team T-Force Vulcan 16 GB 3000 | STORAGE: Crucial MX500 M.2 500 GB | GPU: GTX 1080 | CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C | FANS: 3 extra Noctura NF-F12 PWM 120mm | PSU: EVGA 750 W Semi-Modular 
MFL (My First Laptop) - 15 inch Mac Book Pro w/ Touch Bar 
OD (Old Desktop) - 5k iMac 27 inch

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, D3monw3st said:

Their default speed would be the recommended speed I had purchased them at? Which would be 3000 mhz. 

Also, I had updated my prior message, what would be some memory tests that I can do? 

Well usually the speeds set without XMP/DOCP are the maximum the CPU can provide (For example, for me it was 2133MHZ without XMP). 

 

You can test the memory with the Windows Memory Diagnostic or download a program (other users recommend this program to use over WMD) called memtest86 and run that until the program completes to see if the memory is good or needs to be RMAed. 

PSU Tier List  || Graphics Card Tier List 

 

Resonance Cascade Specifications: 

 

CPU: Intel i9-10980XE 18C/36T  ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB(8x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO  1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD:2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: MSI RTX 2080 GAMING X TRIO  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 900D  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  MonitorMSI MAG271CQR 144HZ 27" 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello there!

 

I think i found something that could help you out. I remembered that in the brand new pc i ordered there was an issue with the BSODs. Turned out it was an issue with the BIOS version. I checked the Gigabyte website and indeed there was an update which was suppoised to solve this. 

 

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/X470-GAMING-PRO-CARBON

 

if you take a look at the versions between 7B78v29 to 7B78v2B you can see they say: - Improve memory compatibility. which is what the errors may be coming from.

 

Maybe you take a shot and update the BIOS, i hope thatll help you :)

 

EDIT: Actually, if you take a look at the very long history of bios updates you see A LOT of the : " - Improve memory compatibility".. so maybe this motherboard has memory issues and a BIOS update might hopefully solve your issues

Edited by T-par-T
another note
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CommanderAlex said:

Well usually the speeds set without XMP/DOCP are the maximum the CPU can provide (For example, for me it was 2133MHZ without XMP). 

 

You can test the memory with the Windows Memory Diagnostic or download a program (other users recommend this program to use over WMD) called memtest86 and run that until the program completes to see if the memory is good or needs to be RMAed. 

I am testing my ram with the memtest86, right now I'm on my first test - taking ~ 3 hrs. Should no issues arise, would it be an issue with my mobo then?

MFP (My First PC) - Mobo: MSI - X470 GAMING PRO CARBON | CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 X | RAM: Team T-Force Vulcan 16 GB 3000 | STORAGE: Crucial MX500 M.2 500 GB | GPU: GTX 1080 | CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C | FANS: 3 extra Noctura NF-F12 PWM 120mm | PSU: EVGA 750 W Semi-Modular 
MFL (My First Laptop) - 15 inch Mac Book Pro w/ Touch Bar 
OD (Old Desktop) - 5k iMac 27 inch

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, T-par-T said:

Hello there!

 

I think i found something that could help you out. I remembered that in the brand new pc i ordered there was an issue with the BSODs. Turned out it was an issue with the BIOS version. I checked the Gigabyte website and indeed there was an update which was suppoised to solve this. 

 

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/X470-GAMING-PRO-CARBON

 

if you take a look at the versions between 7B78v29 to 7B78v2B you can see they say: - Improve memory compatibility. which is what the errors may be coming from.

 

Maybe you take a shot and update the BIOS, i hope thatll help you :)

 

EDIT: Actually, if you take a look at the very long history of bios updates you see A LOT of the : " - Improve memory compatibility".. so maybe this motherboard has memory issues and a BIOS update might hopefully solve your issues

Wow! Thank you for this, my mobo is still on a bios from 2018, will definitely be updating it :D

MFP (My First PC) - Mobo: MSI - X470 GAMING PRO CARBON | CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 X | RAM: Team T-Force Vulcan 16 GB 3000 | STORAGE: Crucial MX500 M.2 500 GB | GPU: GTX 1080 | CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C | FANS: 3 extra Noctura NF-F12 PWM 120mm | PSU: EVGA 750 W Semi-Modular 
MFL (My First Laptop) - 15 inch Mac Book Pro w/ Touch Bar 
OD (Old Desktop) - 5k iMac 27 inch

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, D3monw3st said:

I am testing my ram with the memtest86, right now I'm on my first test - taking ~ 3 hrs. Should no issues arise, would it be an issue with my mobo then?

Yeah thats the downside with these memory test programs is they can take a long time to run. If no issue arise, it can be an issue with your motherboard BIOS that @T-par-Tpointed out in the quote above that I forgot to mention and can be a probably reason for the system instability. 

PSU Tier List  || Graphics Card Tier List 

 

Resonance Cascade Specifications: 

 

CPU: Intel i9-10980XE 18C/36T  ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB(8x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO  1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD:2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: MSI RTX 2080 GAMING X TRIO  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 900D  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  MonitorMSI MAG271CQR 144HZ 27" 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

Yeah thats the downside with these memory test programs is they can take a long time to run. If no issue arise, it can be an issue with your motherboard BIOS that @T-par-Tpointed out in the quote above that I forgot to mention and can be a probably reason for the system instability. 

Yeah, my first ram test had just finished w/ no errors. Gonna try the second stick, and then bios update :). Would you recommend I put the second stick in the same slot as the first stick? That way I can isolate whether it's a mobo issue? 

MFP (My First PC) - Mobo: MSI - X470 GAMING PRO CARBON | CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 X | RAM: Team T-Force Vulcan 16 GB 3000 | STORAGE: Crucial MX500 M.2 500 GB | GPU: GTX 1080 | CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C | FANS: 3 extra Noctura NF-F12 PWM 120mm | PSU: EVGA 750 W Semi-Modular 
MFL (My First Laptop) - 15 inch Mac Book Pro w/ Touch Bar 
OD (Old Desktop) - 5k iMac 27 inch

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, D3monw3st said:

Yeah, my first ram test had just finished w/ no errors. Gonna try the second stick, and then bios update :). Would you recommend I put the second stick in the same slot as the first stick? That way I can isolate whether it's a mobo issue? 

Well I would try out updating the BIOS before going ahead with testing the second stick of RAM, just to rule out it being caused by an outdated-BIOS(This is probably what I would do because I'm lazy and don't want the system to be down for a long test). Its up to you whether you want to rule out the 2nd stick with the memtest first and then update the BIOS. 

PSU Tier List  || Graphics Card Tier List 

 

Resonance Cascade Specifications: 

 

CPU: Intel i9-10980XE 18C/36T  ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB(8x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO  1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD:2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: MSI RTX 2080 GAMING X TRIO  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 900D  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  MonitorMSI MAG271CQR 144HZ 27" 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/30/2020 at 1:31 PM, CommanderAlex said:

Well I would try out updating the BIOS before going ahead with testing the second stick of RAM, just to rule out it being caused by an outdated-BIOS(This is probably what I would do because I'm lazy and don't want the system to be down for a long test). Its up to you whether you want to rule out the 2nd stick with the memtest first and then update the BIOS. 

 

On 11/30/2020 at 9:52 AM, T-par-T said:

Hello there!

 

I think i found something that could help you out. I remembered that in the brand new pc i ordered there was an issue with the BSODs. Turned out it was an issue with the BIOS version. I checked the Gigabyte website and indeed there was an update which was suppoised to solve this. 

 

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/X470-GAMING-PRO-CARBON

 

if you take a look at the versions between 7B78v29 to 7B78v2B you can see they say: - Improve memory compatibility. which is what the errors may be coming from.

 

Maybe you take a shot and update the BIOS, i hope thatll help you :)

 

EDIT: Actually, if you take a look at the very long history of bios updates you see A LOT of the : " - Improve memory compatibility".. so maybe this motherboard has memory issues and a BIOS update might hopefully solve your issues

I have updated my BIOS, but now when I attempt to set my XMP/DRAM profile to 3000MHz for my ram it doesn't register. 

This is my ram model: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/jx8H99/team-vulcan-16gb-2-x-8gb-ddr4-3000-memory-tlred416g3000hc16cdc01 .

 

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

MFP (My First PC) - Mobo: MSI - X470 GAMING PRO CARBON | CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 X | RAM: Team T-Force Vulcan 16 GB 3000 | STORAGE: Crucial MX500 M.2 500 GB | GPU: GTX 1080 | CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C | FANS: 3 extra Noctura NF-F12 PWM 120mm | PSU: EVGA 750 W Semi-Modular 
MFL (My First Laptop) - 15 inch Mac Book Pro w/ Touch Bar 
OD (Old Desktop) - 5k iMac 27 inch

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, D3monw3st said:

 

I have updated my BIOS, but now when I attempt to set my XMP/DRAM profile to 3000MHz for my ram it doesn't register. 

This is my ram model: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/jx8H99/team-vulcan-16gb-2-x-8gb-ddr4-3000-memory-tlred416g3000hc16cdc01 .

 

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Have you tried clearing CMOS? 

PSU Tier List  || Graphics Card Tier List 

 

Resonance Cascade Specifications: 

 

CPU: Intel i9-10980XE 18C/36T  ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB(8x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO  1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD:2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: MSI RTX 2080 GAMING X TRIO  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 900D  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  MonitorMSI MAG271CQR 144HZ 27" 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

Have you tried clearing CMOS? 

I have, yes. It still appears to be doing it. When I try to downgrade the BIOS it tells me that I cannot, is there a way to do this?

MFP (My First PC) - Mobo: MSI - X470 GAMING PRO CARBON | CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 X | RAM: Team T-Force Vulcan 16 GB 3000 | STORAGE: Crucial MX500 M.2 500 GB | GPU: GTX 1080 | CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C | FANS: 3 extra Noctura NF-F12 PWM 120mm | PSU: EVGA 750 W Semi-Modular 
MFL (My First Laptop) - 15 inch Mac Book Pro w/ Touch Bar 
OD (Old Desktop) - 5k iMac 27 inch

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, D3monw3st said:

I have, yes. It still appears to be doing it. When I try to downgrade the BIOS it tells me that I cannot, is there a way to do this?

Well the RAM does show up in the system right? When you update a BIOS, you can't use the previous settings you had on the older BIOS, so you have to set them back. Have you tried running them manually this time on the updated BIOS? 

PSU Tier List  || Graphics Card Tier List 

 

Resonance Cascade Specifications: 

 

CPU: Intel i9-10980XE 18C/36T  ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB(8x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO  1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD:2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: MSI RTX 2080 GAMING X TRIO  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 900D  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  MonitorMSI MAG271CQR 144HZ 27" 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

Well the RAM does show up in the system right? When you update a BIOS, you can't use the previous settings you had on the older BIOS, so you have to set them back. Have you tried running them manually this time on the updated BIOS? 

What do you mean by running manually this time? And yes, the system does detect the 16gb of ram; however, it reads it at 2133MHz. Surprisingly, maybe this is placebo, but my computer loads a lot slower and I have a lot less frames when I render/game.

MFP (My First PC) - Mobo: MSI - X470 GAMING PRO CARBON | CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 X | RAM: Team T-Force Vulcan 16 GB 3000 | STORAGE: Crucial MX500 M.2 500 GB | GPU: GTX 1080 | CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C | FANS: 3 extra Noctura NF-F12 PWM 120mm | PSU: EVGA 750 W Semi-Modular 
MFL (My First Laptop) - 15 inch Mac Book Pro w/ Touch Bar 
OD (Old Desktop) - 5k iMac 27 inch

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, D3monw3st said:

What do you mean by running manually this time? And yes, the system does detect the 16gb of ram; however, it reads it at 2133MHz. Surprisingly, maybe this is placebo, but my computer loads a lot slower and I have a lot less frames when I render/game.

Well your DRAM frequencies are at stock speeds now (2133MHz), that's why your getting lower frames and feels more sluggish. By manually, I mean setting the RAM speeds from [AUTO] to DDR4-3200 with 1.35V. 

PSU Tier List  || Graphics Card Tier List 

 

Resonance Cascade Specifications: 

 

CPU: Intel i9-10980XE 18C/36T  ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB(8x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO  1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD:2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: MSI RTX 2080 GAMING X TRIO  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 900D  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  MonitorMSI MAG271CQR 144HZ 27" 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

Well your DRAM frequencies are at stock speeds now (2133MHz), that's why your getting lower frames and feels more sluggish. By manually, I mean setting the RAM speeds from [AUTO] to DDR4-3200 with 1.35V. 

I've tried this, but it doesn't save. 

MFP (My First PC) - Mobo: MSI - X470 GAMING PRO CARBON | CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 X | RAM: Team T-Force Vulcan 16 GB 3000 | STORAGE: Crucial MX500 M.2 500 GB | GPU: GTX 1080 | CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C | FANS: 3 extra Noctura NF-F12 PWM 120mm | PSU: EVGA 750 W Semi-Modular 
MFL (My First Laptop) - 15 inch Mac Book Pro w/ Touch Bar 
OD (Old Desktop) - 5k iMac 27 inch

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, D3monw3st said:

I've tried this, but it doesn't save. 

That's so strange...perhaps there is an issue with the RAM sticks then. 

PSU Tier List  || Graphics Card Tier List 

 

Resonance Cascade Specifications: 

 

CPU: Intel i9-10980XE 18C/36T  ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB(8x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO  1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD:2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: MSI RTX 2080 GAMING X TRIO  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 900D  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  MonitorMSI MAG271CQR 144HZ 27" 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

That's so strange...perhaps there is an issue with the RAM sticks then. 

I've ran memtest86 and the windows memory diagnostic tool, but both came back with no errors.

MFP (My First PC) - Mobo: MSI - X470 GAMING PRO CARBON | CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 X | RAM: Team T-Force Vulcan 16 GB 3000 | STORAGE: Crucial MX500 M.2 500 GB | GPU: GTX 1080 | CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C | FANS: 3 extra Noctura NF-F12 PWM 120mm | PSU: EVGA 750 W Semi-Modular 
MFL (My First Laptop) - 15 inch Mac Book Pro w/ Touch Bar 
OD (Old Desktop) - 5k iMac 27 inch

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, D3monw3st said:

I've ran memtest86 and the windows memory diagnostic tool, but both came back with no errors.

 

15 minutes ago, D3monw3st said:

I've tried this, but it doesn't save. 

For stupidity, have you checked to see if the CMOS battery is dead? Probably won't make a difference if your BIOS saves all the other settings you set. It seems like the BIOS doesn't like your memory themselves. 

PSU Tier List  || Graphics Card Tier List 

 

Resonance Cascade Specifications: 

 

CPU: Intel i9-10980XE 18C/36T  ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB(8x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO  1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD:2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: MSI RTX 2080 GAMING X TRIO  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 900D  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  MonitorMSI MAG271CQR 144HZ 27" 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/1/2020 at 6:28 PM, CommanderAlex said:

 

For stupidity, have you checked to see if the CMOS battery is dead? Probably won't make a difference if your BIOS saves all the other settings you set. It seems like the BIOS doesn't like your memory themselves. 

Yeah, I have. By switching in ram from another computer I was able to clock it at 3000Mhz and when I put back in my old ram it's running them at the clocked speed. 

However, just a few seconds ago I got a Blue Screen from booting up my computer. As a reminder, my blue screens usually occur on a boot up from sleep or shutdown. Do you think that's a ram issue or a motherboard issue? Or is it a hard drive issue? 

MFP (My First PC) - Mobo: MSI - X470 GAMING PRO CARBON | CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 X | RAM: Team T-Force Vulcan 16 GB 3000 | STORAGE: Crucial MX500 M.2 500 GB | GPU: GTX 1080 | CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C | FANS: 3 extra Noctura NF-F12 PWM 120mm | PSU: EVGA 750 W Semi-Modular 
MFL (My First Laptop) - 15 inch Mac Book Pro w/ Touch Bar 
OD (Old Desktop) - 5k iMac 27 inch

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

EDIT: 

Computer just black screened for the first time. Midst some work on my computer, it had shut down and power cycled. However, none of my components (through a clear case) stopped moving. I.e CPU fan still running, mobo ram lights still on and rgb, storage led indicator still on. 

MFP (My First PC) - Mobo: MSI - X470 GAMING PRO CARBON | CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 X | RAM: Team T-Force Vulcan 16 GB 3000 | STORAGE: Crucial MX500 M.2 500 GB | GPU: GTX 1080 | CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C | FANS: 3 extra Noctura NF-F12 PWM 120mm | PSU: EVGA 750 W Semi-Modular 
MFL (My First Laptop) - 15 inch Mac Book Pro w/ Touch Bar 
OD (Old Desktop) - 5k iMac 27 inch

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, D3monw3st said:

Yeah, I have. By switching in ram from another computer I was able to clock it at 3000Mhz and when I put back in my old ram it's running them at the clocked speed. 

However, just a few seconds ago I got a Blue Screen from booting up my computer. As a reminder, my blue screens usually occur on a boot up from sleep or shutdown. Do you think that's a ram issue or a motherboard issue? Or is it a hard drive issue? 

So the memory from the other computer works perfectly normal with no issues then? How about if you put your memory from this computer into that other computer? Do the symptoms show up in the other computer? If so, then we know the RAM is at fault here. 

 

For the BSODs, have you tried running a 'sfc/scannow'? Run this on a Command Window with Administrator privileges without the single quotes. This will check the system files (Windows 10) to determine if there are missing sections on your OS. It will try and repair them if it does encounter any. 

PSU Tier List  || Graphics Card Tier List 

 

Resonance Cascade Specifications: 

 

CPU: Intel i9-10980XE 18C/36T  ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB(8x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO  1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD:2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: MSI RTX 2080 GAMING X TRIO  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 900D  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  MonitorMSI MAG271CQR 144HZ 27" 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×