Upgrades for an old machine.

JJauclair

Budget (including currency): under 750

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Tom Clancy’s Rainbow 6 Siege, Call of Duty, Farming Simulator and War Thunder.

So last night I found my moms old PC from the 2000s. It is an HP Pavilion that has an AMD Athlon 64 2X 4400+ CPU, a Nvidia GeForce 6150 and 4gb of DDR3 ram. This machine is very slow and runs windows vista. It hasn’t been used in years and still has a 320gb hard drive. I’m am looking to see if I can upgrade this thing a little under 750 dollars to get it to perform better and switch to windows 10. I want to keep the original integrity of the system and stuff like that. I’m just trying to get a starter machine to play games on... Thank you!

You can get an entire sytem for 750 bucks. You wont go anywhere with that motherboard from HP. DDR3 is literal cancer and that cpu probably has a special socket

I don’t really want to buy another system unless I’m going all out with a budget of 3000... I just want to see what I could do to this machine for cheap.

3 minutes ago, RyZen3200G said:

You can get an entire sytem for 750 bucks. You wont go anywhere with that motherboard from HP. DDR3 is literal cancer and that cpu probably has a special socket

I don’t really want to buy another system unless I’m going all out with a budget of 3000... I just want to see what I could do to this machine for cheap.

3 minutes ago, JJauclair said:

I don’t really want to buy another system unless I’m going all out with a budget of 3000... I just want to see what I could do to this machine for cheap.

this machine cant do anything. Sorry mate. Athlon cpus are extinct and this cpu has a manufacturer custom socket. You cant find it anywhere. Its a pavillion meaning the chip is probably soldered to the mobo.

1 minute ago, RyZen3200G said:

this machine cant do anything. Sorry mate. Athlon cpus are extinct and this cpu has a manufacturer custom socket. You cant find it anywhere. Its a pavillion meaning the chip is probably soldered to the mobo.

Alright. Thank you for the help. Have a good night.