New to the gaming world

CodyNate

Budget (including currency): 950 usd

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Modern Warfare, Warzone, Cold War, Elder Scrolls, maybe some video editing

Other details

I am starting completely from scratch here and I don't really know what I am doing. I know building your own PC allows you to get better performance for your money's worth but for someone like me who isn't in the know on the latest and greatest hardware should I even attempt it? It seems everywhere I look has a different opinion on what would be best, I haven't even been able to decide on a case because of this and when it comes to the hardware it seems like when I think I know what I want someone says "wait a couple weeks, this one coming out is so much better". I am almost ready to just buy a pre-built PC and call it a day but thought I'd ask here for any serious advise before doing so. Also, I know my peripherals have to be decent to make it all worth it and I did not include that cost in the 950 I stated here. I just want the PC build for now, I can easily handle peripherals on my own. 

First: Buying a prebuilt system isn't a badge of shame. If that's what gets you to having fun faster, go for it. 

Second: Everyone will have different opinions of what's best based on past behavior (they suffered from driver issues with AMD so now they won't recommend it, or hate intel/nvidia and won't recommend them.) so take recommendations with a grain of salt. But with that said, gaming hardware right now is both more powerful than it's been and harder to get than it's been. So waiting on buying computer parts is a better idea right now than it's been in the past.

But if you're really set on getting a gaming PC right now and building it yourself, playing on PCpart picker to find parts in your budget is a great start, and looking at reviewers for recommendations on parts is a great way to see the way they perform. 

Check gamers nexus for reviews on cases (Or optimum tech for SFF), LTT, JTC, and GN for reviews on almost all other parts, and Eposvox for everything you'd want to know about streaming. 

Building a computer can be stressful because trying to get the best parts and not have buyers remorse is harder then it should be for new people. But between this community and reviews I think you'll have an easy time choosing between building it yourself and buying a prebuilt. 

On that note: have you watched the secret shopper series LTT just put out? That might direct you to the best builder if you decide to go that route. 

good luck!