Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Adding another NVMe?

So I am contemplating on adding another NVMe ssd. I am currently utilizing all of my SATA ports (2 HDD's, 4 SSD's) and I have an NVMe installed. According to the MB manual I can have 2 NVMe ssd's installed in the M2A and M2p slots without effecting the SATA ports.. Mobo is a Gigabyte  Aorus Ultra Z390 with a GPU installed (GTX 1080), I do not plan on using any other expansion slots (hah at this time). If you could double check and or am I overlooking something? 

M.2.JPG

Forgive me El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education...

The M2A connector shares bandwidth with the SATA3 1

If you've filled every SATA port and are installing another NVMe SSD it might be about time to think about a File Server/NAS. Probably one with 10gig networking.

Guides & Tutorials:

How To: Remotely Access a Computer, Server, or NAS

How To: Access Remote Systems at Home/Work Securely from Anywhere with Pritunl

How to Format Storage Devices in Windows 10

A How-To: Drive Sharing in Windows 10

VFIO GPU Pass-though w/ Looking Glass KVM on Ubuntu 19.04

A How-To Guide: Building a Rudimentary Disk Enclosure

Three Methods to Resetting a Windows Login Password

A Beginners Guide to Debian CLI Based File Servers

Guide/Tutorial in Progress:

How to Use Memtest86 to Diagnose RAM Errors

In the Queue:

iPXE Network Booting to an iSCSI Target

Don't see what you need? Check the Full List or *PM me, if I haven't made it I'll add it to the list.

*NOTE: I'll only add it to the list if the request is something I know I can do.

12 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

If you've filled every SATA port and are installing another NVMe SSD it might be about time to think about a File Server/NAS. Probably one with 10gig networking.

@Windows7ge

Thanks, as far as a  File Server/NAS I do mess around with stuff using my old 4790k rig. I will be checking out your guides too!

Forgive me El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education...