2 970 evos at raid 0

HardStroke

so i got one 970 evo 500gb on order and i thought about getting another one and running them both at raid 0

i saw that the read and write speeds do benefit from that but there are also downsides to running them at raid 0

ill use them just for games and i think ill leave my os on my current a400 240gb ssd

is it really worth it?

just for games, ive got 3 separate hdds 1tb each

can it mess with them in any way?

my mb is a gigabyte vision g and i have 2 m.2 slots which both support pcie x4 so i wont need a pcie expansion card

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." - Bruce Lee

3 minutes ago, HardStroke said:

is it really worth it?

i mean, if it's just games, the most is that you'll lose your saves if it does fail

but you wont see much benefit from it for games, so why bother? unless having a single 1TB array is nice

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

8 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

i mean, if it's just games, the most is that you'll lose your saves if it does fail

but you wont see much benefit from it for games, so why bother? unless having a single 1TB array is nice

are the fail chances high?

ill have games like forza, gta, wd on it and they all use cloud saves so if it fails its not that bad ill just have to install them again

can it mess with my other drives?

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." - Bruce Lee

3 minutes ago, HardStroke said:

are the fail chances high?

hmm... it's not THAT high that you should be worried about it, especially for non-important data

7 minutes ago, HardStroke said:

can it mess with my other drives?

i dont think it can, but i might be wrong

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:

hmm... it's not THAT high that you should be worried about it, especially for non-important data

i dont think it can, but i might be wrong

ok ill check it to be sure