I am going to be replacing my mobo, psu and gpu.

Right now I have-

i7-9700k

GTX 1060 3GB

A cyberpower motherboard made by ASRock (not a good mobo)

2x8GB RAM

600 Watt non certifiied (psu)

Be Quiet! Dark Rock TF

What I will be changing-

Swapping out 1060 to RTX 3070.

Swapping out motherboard to a MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon AC. (If you know a better mobo for around the same price point or cheaper let me know)

Swapping out PSU to a Corsair RM 750Watt 80+ Gold. (If you know a better PSU for around the sanme price point or cheaper let me know)

I want a PSU that was 80+ Gold certified or higher and I want it to be at least 700 Watt for some headroom for future upgrades and overclocking. Open to suggestions

I want a good motherboard that has a easy to use bios and good for overclocking. Again if you know another mobo that you would recommend please let me know.

I have around £750 to spend. Keep in mind that the RTX 3070 is at least £470 which leaves £280.

Thanks

For the PSU there is the PSU tierlist 

it would not surprise me at all if a decent PSU costs well over $100USD, so that may not leave enough for your new mobo.  

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

30 minutes ago, Re0 said:

Right now I have-

i7-9700k

GTX 1060 3GB

2x8GB RAM

Be Quiet! Dark Rock TF

What I will be changing-

Swapping out motherboard to a MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon AC. (If you know a better mobo for around the same price point or cheaper let me know)

Swapping out PSU to a Corsair RM 750Watt 80+ Gold. (If you know a better PSU for around the sanme price point or cheaper let me know)

I want a PSU that was 80+ Gold certified or higher and I want it to be at least 700 Watt for some headroom for future upgrades and overclocking. Open to suggestions

I want a good motherboard that has a easy to use bios and good for overclocking. Again if you know another mobo that you would recommend please let me know.

I have around £750 to spend. Keep in mind that the RTX 3070 is at least £470 which leaves £280.

Thanks

32 minutes ago, Re0 said:

Right now I have-

i7-9700k

GTX 1060 3GB

2x8GB RAM

Be Quiet! Dark Rock TF

What I will be changing-

Thanks

I don't see much wrong with you build other than the GPU you are going to be bottlenecked by your CPU.

51 minutes ago, Hudson Griffin said:

I don't see much wrong with you build other than the GPU you are going to be bottlenecked by your CPU.

are you sure? I just searched for a bit and everywhere said it will be great and there will be no bottleneck.

they say the i7-9700k and the RTX 3070 works great together