Adding more ram to current rig question

Dagnis

I currently have 16 gigs (2x8) in my pc. I was thinking about adding another 16 but the original ram I bought is no longer sold on newegg.

I know it's important to get similar ram, so my main question is what numbers do I need to make sure I match? I figure the speed (in this case 2800) should be the same, but how important are the timings and CAS Latency? Will having different ram affect using the built in OC profile?

2 minutes ago, Dagnis said:

Will having different ram affect using the built in OC profile?

that's exactly what will happen. so you're free ti pick whatever ram you want, but you'll have to manually set everything to the profile of the slower ram

1 minute ago, boggy77 said:

that's exactly what will happen. so you're free ti pick whatever ram you want, but you'll have to manually set everything to the profile of the slower ram

Gotcha. It's looking like 2800 isnt really sold anymore anyways. So I might just go for a fresh 32gigs at 3200. 

3 minutes ago, Dagnis said:

I currently have 16 gigs (2x8) in my pc. I was thinking about adding another 16 but the original ram I bought is no longer sold on newegg.

I know it's important to get similar ram, so my main question is what numbers do I need to make sure I match? I figure the speed (in this case 2800) should be the same, but how important are the timings and CAS Latency? Will having different ram affect using the built in OC profile?

maybe flip your kit and get 32gb kit with that?