Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Assassins creed and rpgs

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Hi im just wandering if i get the new AMD CPU on an am4 motherboard do i need to do bios update as coming from intel so font have old AMD CPU if i need to do that, can anyone tell me iof it need a BIOS update?????

1 minute ago, TheShadowPixel said:

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Assassins creed and rpgs

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Hi im just wandering if i get the new AMD CPU on an am4 motherboard do i need to do bios update as coming from intel so font have old AMD CPU if i need to do that, can anyone tell me iof it need a BIOS update?????

What series of motherboard? 400 or 500 series will support it with the bios update. I’m not 100% sure but I think that the 400 series bios update is not out yet and it will be available in early 2021.

500 series -_- man this sucks should of went amd on last build -_- thanks anyway is there going to be new chipset out in 2021 to support new cpu do you know??

Just now, boggy77 said:

many b550 boards have a bios flashback feature which allows a bios update from a usb without a cpu installed. just get one of those boards.

was going to get this one MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION Motherboard (AMD AM4, DDR4, PCIe 4.0, SATA 6Gb/s, M.2, USB 3.2, AX Wi-Fi 6, 10G SUPER LAN, Extended-ATX)

5 minutes ago, TheShadowPixel said:

was going to get this one MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION Motherboard (AMD AM4, DDR4, PCIe 4.0, SATA 6Gb/s, M.2, USB 3.2, AX Wi-Fi 6, 10G SUPER LAN, Extended-ATX)

You only mention gaming in your opening post ? An MSI B550 Tomahawk/Gaming Edge would be a much cheaper option.

Winter is Coming.

1 hour ago, boggy77 said:

what cpu and what's your budget? that is an extremely high end overkill board for most people

it is slight overkill however it is designed to be that was as was going to use it like a server

7 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

what do you mean as server?

basiclly going to have it always on and connect to it like a server play games that way in a kinda cool network at home so need it to be able to do lots of things at once so its going to be overkill but not at the same time dont worry just the amd cpu i needed to check still kinda design stage atm with how it work in a network kind of setup

15 minutes ago, TheShadowPixel said:

basiclly going to have it always on and connect to it like a server play games that way in a kinda cool network at home so need it to be able to do lots of things at once so its going to be overkill but not at the same time dont worry just the amd cpu i needed to check still kinda design stage atm with how it work in a network kind of setup

Yeah you still don't need that motherboard.

17 minutes ago, TheShadowPixel said:

You probably need a 5900x and a good b550 board that has bios flashback, like a gigabyte aorus elite or pro or asus strix or msi tomahawk