Plex remote play strange buffering issues?

presss

Hey,

Here’s the setup:

Server side: Really high end win10 pc in the UK ethernet cable + 1gbit/s fttp up and down

Client/s: high end htpc in Central Europe or new 2020 Samsung QLED tv both ethernet cable on fibre with 200mbits up and down.

Plex on both of the clients is buffering HARD when playing from the remote UK pc (both direct play and and transcoded). The only doable bandwidth is a transcode to 720p @around 4-5mbits which considering the circumstances is ridiculous, isn’t it? Im talking about 20mbit/s x264 .mkv files so a pretty straightforward task.

Am I missing something?

P.s-> I’ve done Nvidia remote Gamestreams/Moonlight with same devices and also to a Shield Pro at 100mbits easily so why is plex maxing out at mere 5mbits and buffering?

Best

i9 12900K | 3080Ti FE | 32GB T-Force 8-pack binned edition @3600 CL14

17 hours ago, PreSlav said:

Hey,

Here’s the setup:

Server side: Really high end win10 pc in the UK ethernet cable + 1gbit/s fttp up and down

Client/s: high end htpc in Central Europe or new 2020 Samsung QLED tv both ethernet cable on fibre with 200mbits up and down.

Plex on both of the clients is buffering HARD when playing from the remote UK pc (both direct play and and transcoded). The only doable bandwidth is a transcode to 720p @around 4-5mbits which considering the circumstances is ridiculous, isn’t it? Im talking about 20mbit/s x264 .mkv files so a pretty straightforward task.

Am I missing something?

P.s-> I’ve done Nvidia remote Gamestreams/Moonlight with same devices and also to a Shield Pro at 100mbits easily so why is plex maxing out at mere 5mbits and buffering?

Best

Looking thru my Plex server settings all I can figure is you have an upload limit set? Maybe on the server itself or maybe on your router or something. Outside of that Im not 100% sure. I personally dont use Remote Play, due to data caps on my connection. But thats the only thing I can figure, something is limiting the upload. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

19 hours ago, PreSlav said:

The only doable bandwidth is a transcode to 720p @around 4-5mbits which considering the circumstances is ridiculous, isn’t it?

Yeah I second checking the streaming bandwidth limit in the settings. If I'm not mistaken 720p@4Mbps is exactly Plex's default upload limit. It's set to that for me at least and I've never touched it, because I don't use remote access.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB