Steps to Change Main SSD

Tscanivel

Hey Guys!

I am about to upgrade my 500gb M.2 to a 1tb M.2, I would like to know the steps in order to change bootdrives.

If you guys have a link to a good video let me know! Thanks!

Let me know thanks!

So you will need to get a cloning tool firstly and clone it across. the method will change with with different software. ( there are lots of free versions available)

Then you will need to make sure in your bios that the new m.2 is selected as your primary boot drive.

Also if you have a SATA mechanical hard drive you may need to change the port its plugged in to (i had to though not entirely sure why).

finally boot to the new dive a few times to make sure its all correct then your can do with your old drive as you please.

THIS IS A REALLY CUT DOWN INSTRUCTION SET, FOLLLOW WHAT THE CLONING SOFTWARE SAYS AS IT MIGHT DIFFER FROM WHAT I HAVE SAID

CPU AMD 5800x_____Asus Crosshair VIII_____Asus Strix LC 360_____RAM Corsair Dominator Pro 2x8Gb 3600mhz_____ASUS RTX 3080 Strix

PSU Corsair HX1000w_____CASE Lian Li 011 Dynamic (original choice right? w/9 UNI Fans)_____Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma_____Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma_____Headphones Bose QC25_____Monitor (1) Acer Predator XB1 144hz G-Sync  (2) Benq 144hz G-Sync

Microphone Blue Yeti Black

Razer Blade 14

Also an XBOX one s.

also how many m.2 slots do you have. if you only have one you might need a way to connect though a different method.

CPU AMD 5800x_____Asus Crosshair VIII_____Asus Strix LC 360_____RAM Corsair Dominator Pro 2x8Gb 3600mhz_____ASUS RTX 3080 Strix

PSU Corsair HX1000w_____CASE Lian Li 011 Dynamic (original choice right? w/9 UNI Fans)_____Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma_____Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma_____Headphones Bose QC25_____Monitor (1) Acer Predator XB1 144hz G-Sync  (2) Benq 144hz G-Sync

Razer Blade 14

Also an XBOX one s.

54 minutes ago, Acid Panda said:

also how many m.2 slots do you have. if you only have one you might need a way to connect though a different method.

I got Dual M.2 Slots

@Tscanivel you should be fine to put in into the other slot. check you mobo manual to see if one is a priority slot over the other as they can be.

then you should just clone then erase the old drive and you should be good.

Razer Blade 14

Also an XBOX one s.