Sleeved Cable

patken007
Go to solution Solved by Kleo Yan,
2 hours ago, patken007 said:

How much not flexible. Are they worse than the one that comes with the PSU?

when you sleeve them all on the 24pin. they are pretty hard to bend. 

PSU = Corsair AX1000

MOBO = Asus CrossHair VIII Formula

GPU = Asus Strix 3080

I could use some advice. 

I want to upgrade my cable with 3 PCIe for my GPU

Also want to upgrade the big 24P ATX AND THE CPU cable.

What brand should i go for?

what should i look for on a cable.

As you can see in the image, they look way more flexible than the one we get with our PSU

cable.png

Hello, you can try this https://cablemod.com/cablemod-launches-diy-cable-extensions/ <- majority will go for this as you can customize the colors of your sleeve. 

I personally do them myself and I use paracord compared to PET sleeves, PET sleeves are too stiff and hard to bend. They are not as flexible as paracord.

but choice is yours. you can choose the type of material from Cablemod. 

example of paracord and PET sleeves

1 minute ago, Kleo Yan said:

Hello, you can try this https://cablemod.com/cablemod-launches-diy-cable-extensions/ <- majority will go for this as you can customize the colors of your sleeve. 

I personally do them myself and I use paracord compared to PET sleeves, PET sleeves are too stiff and hard to bend. They are not as flexible as paracord.

i would check it out and come back to you if have more question

1 hour ago, patken007 said:

PSU = Corsair AX1000

MOBO = Asus CrossHair VIII Formula

GPU = Asus Strix 3080

I could use some advice. 

I want to upgrade my cable with 3 PCIe for my GPU

Also want to upgrade the big 24P ATX AND THE CPU cable.

What brand should i go for?

what should i look for on a cable.

As you can see in the image, they look way more flexible than the one we get with our PSU

cable.png

@patken007 based on that I would recommend our ModFlex cables for flexibility, and an additional 8-pin PCI-E with our ampere bundles to accommodate the 3 PCI-E cables needed. :)

https://store.cablemod.com/products/?filter_series=c-series-rmi-rmx

3 minutes ago, CableMod said:

@patken007 based on that I would recommend our ModFlex cables for flexibility, and an additional 8-pin PCI-E with our ampere bundles to accommodate the 3 PCI-E cables needed. :)

Hi patken007, I agree with CableMod .. :) those are quality cable sleeves.. 

10 hours ago, CableMod said:

There are a lot of product options on the link you gave me. Can you pin-point on the product I really need. Also my PC case (Dark Base Pro 900 Orange rev. 2)   I think that black and orange cable would look neat on them. If orange isn’t available, then perhaps black and white.

Also what is the difference between ModFlex and PRO ModFlex

Are these cable extension or direct replacment. I would prefer replacement over extension.

Is it the one you are suggesting?  Pro ModFlex C-Series RMi, RMx & RM (Black Label) Elite Ampere Bundle – CableMod Global Store

Sorry about that many question

Capture d’écran 2020-11-25 104447.png

17 hours ago, patken007 said:

There are a lot of product options on the link you gave me. Can you pin-point on the product I really need. Also my PC case (Dark Base Pro 900 Orange rev. 2)   I think that black and orange cable would look neat on them. If orange isn’t available, then perhaps black and white.

Also what is the difference between ModFlex and PRO ModFlex

Are these cable extension or direct replacment. I would prefer replacement over extension.

Is it the one you are suggesting?  Pro ModFlex C-Series RMi, RMx & RM (Black Label) Elite Ampere Bundle – CableMod Global Store

Sorry about that many question

Capture d’écran 2020-11-25 104447.png

@patken007 yes you could go with that bundle, or if you don't need as many combs you could go with the bundle that only adds in the additional PCI-E (the kit that goes for $119.80 USD instead. These will be direct replacement cables that plug directly into your PSU and then to the hardware. ModFlex is our softer, more flexible sleeving option. ModMesh is our slightly stiffer option which can make for clean cable routing, but also offers more vibrant colors and some colors are UV reactive (such as white, light blue, light green, etc.). If you wanted orange as an option though, you would need to order from the "Custom PSU Cables" section on our configurator where you could customize with orange in both of our sleeving types. ModMesh orange is a very clean, great look. I've attached a photo of the ModMesh Black/White/Orange from my personal build for reference with aluminum black combs. :)

Meshify_S2.jpg

15 hours ago, CableMod said:

@patken007 yes you could go with that bundle, or if you don't need as many combs you could go with the bundle that only adds in the additional PCI-E (the kit that goes for $119.80 USD instead. These will be direct replacement cables that plug directly into your PSU and then to the hardware. ModFlex is our softer, more flexible sleeving option. ModMesh is our slightly stiffer option which can make for clean cable routing, but also offers more vibrant colors and some colors are UV reactive (such as white, light blue, light green, etc.). If you wanted orange as an option though, you would need to order from the "Custom PSU Cables" section on our configurator where you could customize with orange in both of our sleeving types. ModMesh orange is a very clean, great look. I've attached a photo of the ModMesh Black/White/Orange from my personal build for reference with aluminum black combs. :)

Meshify_S2.jpg

nice build. One last question. Any chance you can show us a picture of how flexible a modmesh can be. I just to see it to made up my mind.

On 11/25/2020 at 12:40 AM, Kleo Yan said:

2 hours ago, patken007 said:

when you sleeve them all on the 24pin. they are pretty hard to bend. 

@patken007 I don't have a photo showing the flexibility, but I've used the ModMesh pro even in ITX builds just fine in the Nano S for example and the EVOLV ITX. :)

50 minutes ago, CableMod said:

@patken007 I don't have a photo showing the flexibility, but I've used the ModMesh pro even in ITX builds just fine in the Nano S for example and the EVOLV ITX. :)

Alright i just order my cable ModFelx on the Configurator  [Order #G81522]

I just want to make sure that my 24 pin cable connector look the same as this one, And also my 8 pin pcie connector

Inked20201127_080729_LI.jpg

Inked20201127_080754_LI.jpg