Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

3D Printed Silencer?

Hey Guys

A Silent Pc Case dont bring so much when the Graphic Card have a damn loud fan.
Does anyone play around with a 3D Printed Silencer?

Thakns

From AT. :x

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Required said:

Hey Guys

A Silent Pc Case dont bring so much when the Graphic Card have a damn loud fan.
Does anyone play around with a 3D Printed Silencer?

Thakns

Do you have an example? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well take any fat Graphic Card who run quite warm.

I currently use "just" a single Slot and not a hight performance one.

The same for my Server there fan are very loud.

From AT. :x

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Required said:

Well take any fat Graphic Card who run quite warm.

I currently use "just" a single Slot and not a hight performance one.

The same for my Server there fan are very loud.

I mean an example of a fan silencer. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I mean something who are mounting on the back of the Case who is guide the exhaust of the Fan from the Graphic Card truth some kind of Sound Suppressor, Silencer to reduce the noise without void any Warranty.

From AT. :x

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Required said:

Well I mean something who are mounting on the back of the Case who is guide the exhaust of the Fan from the Graphic Card truth some kind of Sound Suppressor, Silencer to reduce the noise without void any Warranty.

I think a more effective way to control sound is by slowing down the fans with a custom fan curve. Why 3d print something when a software solution already exists... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Required said:

How should that work? I never saw such a think before.

Msi afterburner is popular software that has that feature. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well how should that work without a performance loss and with the same Temp?

From AT. :x

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Required said:

Well how should that work without a performance loss and with the same Temp?

It doesn't. Neither would a silencer. Any time you reduce noise, something else will be affected, either temp or performance. It doesn't matter if it's done in software or hardware. 

 

With a silencer, you would be achieving lower noise by impeding the fan, this will lead to reduced performance or increased Temps. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×