Bios starting order

Hi guys, new to the world of PC gaming and have decided to build my own rig, its only a cheap set up to start just to learn the ropes.

I've done a load of Google research but can not find a definitive answer to my issue.

I wanted to see if the mother board would power up before fitting, I connected the mother board to PSU on bench (cardboard box) bridged power and nothing happened at all, there is no CPU fitted but I read it would at least spin the fans.

Here is where it gets interesting, I got the board free as CPU socket pins were bent, fixed that, when plugged in googleing more answers I could smell warm plastic, quickly found to be the bios chip, this was fitted backwards, I assume the chip is now dead so ordered new one.

Does anyone know if without a bios chip will the board even attempt to spin fans or do I have a dead board? Its a asrock z170 pro4s. 

Thanks for anything you can tell me

with a dead or not correctly installed bios chip i would be surprised if the fans spin at all.

Also doesnt really make any sense to test it at this stage because even if the FAN´s spin that wouldnt tell you anything about the actual important components on the board so its better to first install all required components and then do a test outside of the case.

OK great thanks, so possibly dont need a new motherboard yet. I was just a bit concerned of connecting all my parts to the board hitting the power button and having a catastrophic meltdown, but I assume there are failsafes to stop this.

Again thank you very much for the information, ill wait for the new chip and peice it all together and try as one.