AMD or Windows 10 Issue?

Midevil Chaos

Hello all. I don't know if what happened is because of Windows 10 or because of AMD. I have never seen anything like this before. 

I deleted some older AMD drivers for my RX580, and then proceeded on updating the drivers for it and even reinstalled Adrenalin (or Radeon Software if you prefer), as it wasn't automatically starting and I didn't know where the exe for it was and didn't think of using a 3rd party software for this until after. Anyhow, when I would log in with my profile onto Windows 10, it had the message "preparing Windows" every time, and my folders were gone. I could mod the wallpaper, remove Cortana etc. It would keep resetting the profile to the defaults, to the default wallpaper, with Cortana enabled etc. I had to create a new profile, and ironically, I was able to copy and paste the things from the desktop of the original profile. No idea how I was able to copy and paste them when they didn't even pop up on the original profile when I logged in.

As anyone ever experienced this? I never had an AMD card before, so I have no clue if this is "normal" or just pure utter garbage from Windows 10.

Doesn't sound normal and doesn't sound like a driver issue either. People who had driver issues mostly experienced black screens and crashes during gaming.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

7 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

Doesn't sound normal and doesn't sound like a driver issue either. People who had driver issues mostly experienced black screens and crashes during gaming.

Didn't think so either. Wondering why it happened though, or how. I mean, all I was doing was legit just reinstalling drivers. I have never seen anything like that before. My fleetmate on Discord said he thinks it was because I was logged out of onedrive. But, I only create local accounts anyhow. Hard to imagine how that would impact my local account. Although, I do log into the xbox companion.

-> Moved to Troubleshooting

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv