First time build Help wanted

Skeletoon

Budget (including currency): $1500-1800 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Rainbow Six Siege, Godfall, Warframe, minecraft and others.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): So this is my first post on these forums as well as my first ever pc build. I'm upgrading from an old ASUS ROG laptop that just can't keep up with most of the newer games these days. As stated before I've never built a pc before and I just found LTT a month or two ago. I have put together a parts list here

https://newegg.io/8934d67  on newegg that I think would work together well but I'm completely open to help and tips!! I would prefer to stay with intel as I have no experience using an AMD machine. AS above I would like to stay within $1500-$1800 USD but will consider going a little higher if needed. I already have a mouse, monitor, and whatnot but would eventually like to have at least 2-3 monitors total since I would also love to get into streaming with this build if possible.

Thanks!

Skeletoon.

11 minutes ago, Skeletoon said:

I would prefer to stay with intel as I have no experience using an AMD machine.

AMD and Intel machines are almost identical, the only difference you'd really encounter is a different socket.

I made this list.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($300.00) 
Motherboard: MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($179.99 @ Adorama) 
Memory: Crucial Ballistix RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory  ($71.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: ADATA Swordfish 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($199.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10 GB Founders Edition Video Card  ($700.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case  ($77.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Cooler Master MWE Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($104.22 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1634.17

The 5600X is quite a bit faster than the 9700k, and is current gen, though it is hard to find one right now but it should be $300. I decided that going all SSD would probably be better, if you really need more space you can go back to what you chose. The 3080 is much much faster than the 2060 Super, though it is also hard to find one is stock right now. The case I chose has better airflow, but you can change it if you like the look of a different case. And you don't have to buy Windows for full price.

8 minutes ago, Coolmaster said:

I made this list.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($300.00) 
Motherboard: MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($179.99 @ Adorama) 
Memory: Crucial Ballistix RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory  ($71.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: ADATA Swordfish 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($199.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10 GB Founders Edition Video Card  ($700.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case  ($77.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Cooler Master MWE Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($104.22 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1634.17

The 5600X is quite a bit faster than the 9700k, and is current gen, though it is hard to find one right now but it should be $300. I decided that going all SSD would probably be better, if you really need more space you can go back to what you chose. The 3080 is much much faster than the 2060 Super, though it is also hard to find one is stock right now. The case I chose has better airflow, but you can change it if you like the look of a different case. And you don't have to buy Windows for full price.

Thanks for the input!! I'll look into this list as an option I really appreciate it!

43 minutes ago, Skeletoon said:

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Rainbow Six Siege, Godfall, Warframe, minecraft and others.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): So this is my first post on these forums as well as my first ever pc build. I'm upgrading from an old ASUS ROG laptop that just can't keep up with most of the newer games these days. As stated before I've never built a pc before and I just found LTT a month or two ago. I have put together a parts list here

https://newegg.io/8934d67  on newegg that I think would work together well but I'm completely open to help and tips!! I would prefer to stay with intel as I have no experience using an AMD machine. AS above I would like to stay within $1500-$1800 USD but will consider going a little higher if needed. I already have a mouse, monitor, and whatnot but would eventually like to have at least 2-3 monitors total since I would also love to get into streaming with this build if possible.

Thanks!

Skeletoon.

the 10700k is a good choice for intel side and is the current gen. i recently just built a 10850k system awaiting for a rtx3080. if i was you considering you want to get into streaming i would look into getting a rtx3070 when they come back in stock you will be glad for the extra performance that you did. 

also im not sure where that psu sits on the psu ranking list you might wanna check that out and see if you are ok with it. not to mention id check into reviews for that cooler master cooler i heard it was junk compared to others of the same style and price. i installed a nh-d15 chromax black from noctua not much more in pricing but way better performance and easier to install

55 minutes ago, Skeletoon said:

Thanks!

Skeletoon.