PC Problems

Jakubman625
Go to solution Solved by cr8tor,
15 hours ago, Jakubman625 said:

Hello i did not tried to check the RAM But i found BIOS Site with version i have. https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-990XA-UD3-rev-30/support#support-dl-bios Is this the right driver? 

Yes looks like it.

I did not realize the version was not correct.

Good job on tracking down the correct bios.

Hello, i have a problem with my PC. When i put pc to sleep mode it will go to sleep mode but when i want to wake it up it Beeps nonstop and it isn´t booting to Windows until i will reset it on the pc case. What can do the problem?

Thank you for your help! :)

Update your bios would my first guess.

Might also post your system specs for us so we know what hardware you have.

Could also help with a bios update link then too. 🙂

Daily driver (looking to upgrade mobo and cpu spring of 2021)   --- The only time I sort by price from high to low is when I am shopping for CPU's and GPU's (looking for a cheap i7-7700k though)
Mobo: ASRock Z170 Extreme7+  CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.6MHz OC  Cooling: Corsair H115i Hydro  Memory: TridentZ 32GB @ 3600MHz  GPU: EVGA 2070 FTW3 ULTRA+ (OC'd 50/300)  
PSU: Corsair HX850i   Storage: 980 Pro 1TB, 950 PRO 512Mb, (2)ADATA SU800 1TB  Keyboard: Logitech G910  Mouse: Logitech G502   Headset: Logitech G930 UPS: APC Pro 1500 S

Unraid box providing network routing, home automation services, and media services ( I love unraid!)

USB Key: SanDisk 16GB Ultra Fit  Mobo: Intel DX79SR Extreme+  CPU: i7-3820  Memory: 16Gb Kingston HyperX Predator  Storage: (cache)480gb Micron SSD (1)8TB HDD (1) 4TB HDD  
GPU: MSI GTX 1650 4GT LP OC (passed through to Emby)  NIC: Intel I350-T4 4-port Gb (passed through to PFSense)  UPS: APC PRO 1000
Docker Containers: Emby and Home-Assistant-Core  Virtual machines: PFsense ( I love PFSense!)

Family machines
Mobo: Asus Prime H310M-E  CPU: Intel Core i3-9100F  Cooling: Deepcool Gammaxx 400  Memory: Teamgroup Elite Plus DDR4 16GB  Storage: Silicon Power 1TB NVMe M.2  
GPU: Asus GTX 1660 Super 6GB or EVGA 1070 FTW 8GB  PSU: Thermaltake Smart 500W 80+  UPS: APC XS 1300

As well as a number of other machines, a ton of parts, miles of cables, and who knows what else!
Private message me for quicker assistance. I also build and ship custom machines at a really fair price.

14 hours ago, cr8tor said:

Update your bios would my first guess.

Might also post your system specs for us so we know what hardware you have.

Could also help with a bios update link then too. 🙂

My PC Specs: 

AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor 3,5GHz

12GB Ram

AMD Radeon R9 200 Series

Windows 10 Home 64-Bit

And i don´t know what Motherboard i have. I only remember that i have Gigabyte Motherboard, That´s all i know.

1 hour ago, Jakubman625 said:

And i don´t know what Motherboard i have. I only remember that i have Gigabyte Motherboard, That´s all i know.

We need to know so we can troubleshoot this.

Download and install HWiNFO as it will tell us.

Download HWiNFO here - https://www.hwinfo.com/

Then open HWiNFO and make sure no boxes are check on the first box that pops up.

Then you should see a screen like whats below.

Print screen it and post it would be the best option for us. 

Or just tell us what it says for motherboard.

I put a big arrow on the example below.

image.png.8c2e45b7a4fb2bc302b8db0bfc34c88b.png

Daily driver (looking to upgrade mobo and cpu spring of 2021)   --- The only time I sort by price from high to low is when I am shopping for CPU's and GPU's (looking for a cheap i7-7700k though)
Mobo: ASRock Z170 Extreme7+  CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.6MHz OC  Cooling: Corsair H115i Hydro  Memory: TridentZ 32GB @ 3600MHz  GPU: EVGA 2070 FTW3 ULTRA+ (OC'd 50/300)  
PSU: Corsair HX850i   Storage: 980 Pro 1TB, 950 PRO 512Mb, (2)ADATA SU800 1TB  Keyboard: Logitech G910  Mouse: Logitech G502   Headset: Logitech G930 UPS: APC Pro 1500 S

Unraid box providing network routing, home automation services, and media services ( I love unraid!)

USB Key: SanDisk 16GB Ultra Fit  Mobo: Intel DX79SR Extreme+  CPU: i7-3820  Memory: 16Gb Kingston HyperX Predator  Storage: (cache)480gb Micron SSD (1)8TB HDD (1) 4TB HDD  
GPU: MSI GTX 1650 4GT LP OC (passed through to Emby)  NIC: Intel I350-T4 4-port Gb (passed through to PFSense)  UPS: APC PRO 1000
Docker Containers: Emby and Home-Assistant-Core  Virtual machines: PFsense ( I love PFSense!)

Family machines
Mobo: Asus Prime H310M-E  CPU: Intel Core i3-9100F  Cooling: Deepcool Gammaxx 400  Memory: Teamgroup Elite Plus DDR4 16GB  Storage: Silicon Power 1TB NVMe M.2  
GPU: Asus GTX 1660 Super 6GB or EVGA 1070 FTW 8GB  PSU: Thermaltake Smart 500W 80+  UPS: APC XS 1300

As well as a number of other machines, a ton of parts, miles of cables, and who knows what else!
Private message me for quicker assistance. I also build and ship custom machines at a really fair price.

4 minutes ago, cr8tor said:

We need to know so we can troubleshoot this.

Download and install HWiNFO as it will tell us.

Download HWiNFO here - https://www.hwinfo.com/

Then open HWiNFO and make sure no boxes are check on the first box that pops up.

Then you should see a screen like whats below.

Print screen it and post it would be the best option for us. 

Or just tell us what it says for motherboard.

I put a big arrow on the example below.

image.png.8c2e45b7a4fb2bc302b8db0bfc34c88b.png

MotherBoard : GIGABYTE 990XA-UD3

7 minutes ago, Jakubman625 said:

GIGABYTE 990XA-UD3

Go to this link: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-990XA-UD3-rev-1x/support#support-dl-bios

Download bios F14e

It will be a zip file.

Extract it.

And doubleclick on FLASHSPI.EXE to run it.

It should update the bios from within windows and prompt you to restart.

When it reboots, expect the boot screens to look different as the actual bios flash happens during the reboot.

It will do its thing, and then automatically reboot again.

It should then go into windows.

See if the problem still exists at that point.

Let us know. 

Family machines

2 hours ago, cr8tor said:

Go to this link: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-990XA-UD3-rev-1x/support#support-dl-bios

Download bios F14e

It will be a zip file.

Extract it.

And doubleclick on FLASHSPI.EXE to run it.

It should update the bios from within windows and prompt you to restart.

When it reboots, expect the boot screens to look different as the actual bios flash happens during the reboot.

It will do its thing, and then automatically reboot again.

It should then go into windows.

See if the problem still exists at that point.

Let us know. 

I cant open the FLASHSPI.Exe. it says that this application cant run on my PC

22 hours ago, Jakubman625 said:

I cant open the FLASHSPI.Exe. it says that this application cant run on my PC

It must be meant to be ran from a bootable command prompt. I was hoping it would update from within windows.

You might have to look up the directions from gigabyte on how to flash it.

If you cant figure it out, let me know and ill find some instructions to help you get it done.

I have to head out now for a bit and ill try to remember to check in when i get back.

If nothing else, message me directly if i dont respond within an hour or so.

Family machines

3 hours ago, cr8tor said:

It must be meant to be ran from a bootable command prompt. I was hoping it would update from within windows.

You might have to look up the directions from gigabyte on how to flash it.

If you cant figure it out, let me know and ill find some instructions to help you get it done.

I have to head out now for a bit and ill try to remember to check in when i get back.

If nothing else, message me directly if i dont respond within an hour or so.

I cant find it i only found that Flashing BIOS is very risky and i am scared to do that. Its my only computer and im using it for Home office so it cannot break.

Might be easier for you to clear the bios first which might help also.

The easiest way to do this is:

Disconnect the power cord. Open the system and remove the CR2032 battery that's on the mobo somewhere (Note the orientation so you can put it back in the same way).

Then with the power cord still unplugged, press and hold the power button for 5 seconds. 

Then put the battery back in.

Then plug it back in and turn it on.

Family machines

2 minutes ago, cr8tor said:

Might be easier for you to clear the bios first which might help also.

The easiest way to do this is:

Disconnect the power cord. Open the system and remove the CR2032 battery that's on the mobo somewhere (Note the orientation so you can put it back in the same way).

Then with the power cord still unplugged, press and hold the power button for 5 seconds. 

Then put the battery back in.

Then plug it back in and turn it on.

I already done that and it didnt help :/ 

19 minutes ago, Jakubman625 said:

I already done that and it didnt help :/ 

Well, lets flash the bios then.

Page 64 of your manual will walk you through it.

Follow the steps, make sure you dont reset or unplug your system while its in progress and you will be fine.

You manual can be downloaded here - https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-990XA-UD3-rev-1x/support#support-manual

Your motherboard also has a dual bios so if something does go wrong, you can switch to the other bios to recover.

A lot less risk that way.

Rest easy, you can do this.

Family machines

39 minutes ago, cr8tor said:

Follow the steps, make sure you dont reset or unplug your system while its in progress and you will be fine.

You manual can be downloaded here - https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-990XA-UD3-rev-1x/support#support-manual

Your motherboard also has a dual bios so if something does go wrong, you can switch to the other bios to recover.

Now i have FD version but on the site you send me i cant find this bios version. Is it good version? 

43 minutes ago, cr8tor said:

D5127020-7D66-4DB6-8FE7-0A3082629361.jpeg

O dang, that's probably the original bios version.

That gives me more hope an update will help.

Here is a download to the latest version.

https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/BIOS/mb_bios_ga-990xa-ud3_f14e.zip

Make sure you extract the files to a usb key or whatever, dont just copy the zip file.

If that gives you an error, you may have to step the updates a little bit.

If you get an error on that file download the version below and try that.

If it works, then try the latest one again.

https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/BIOS/mb_bios_ga-990xa-ud3_f7.exe

Family machines

5 minutes ago, cr8tor said:

Make sure you extract the files to a usb key or whatever, dont just copy the zip file.

It tells me that the bios file is not correct or something what do i do?

9 minutes ago, cr8tor said:

image.jpg

31 minutes ago, Jakubman625 said:

It tells me that the bios file is not correct or something what do i do?

Did you try the older version?

If so, try one a bit older yet. link below.

Its common to have to do if the bios has never been updated.

Oldest, try this now: https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/BIOS/mb_bios_ga-990xa-ud3_f3.exe

if it works, then flash this one: https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/BIOS/mb_bios_ga-990xa-ud3_f7.exe

if that one also works, then flash the latest: https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/BIOS/mb_bios_ga-990xa-ud3_f14e.zip

Family machines

9 minutes ago, cr8tor said:

Did you try the older version?

If so, try one a bit older yet. link below.

Its common to have to do if the bios has never been updated.

Oldest, try this now: https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/BIOS/mb_bios_ga-990xa-ud3_f3.exe

if it works, then flash this one: https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/BIOS/mb_bios_ga-990xa-ud3_f7.exe

if that one also works, then flash the latest: https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/BIOS/mb_bios_ga-990xa-ud3_f14e.zip

The oldest driver doesn´t work too. I think this drivers doesn´t work with my board.

1 minute ago, Jakubman625 said:

I think this drivers doesn´t work with my board.

Its not a driver, its firmware. 

And it does, unless you told me wrong on the mobo model.

Try the original bios.

https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/BIOS/mb_bios_ga-990xa-ud3_f2.exe

You are sure you are extracting the files to a usb key first right? Not just copying the file over?

Following the directions in your manual?

Family machines

1 minute ago, cr8tor said:

Its not a driver, its firmware. 

And it does, unless you told me wrong on the mobo model.

Try the original bios.

https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/BIOS/mb_bios_ga-990xa-ud3_f2.exe

You are sure you are extracting the files to a usb key first right? Not just copying the file over?

Following the directions in your manual?

Yes when im extracting, im exctracting the files to the USB without any copying. 

Just now, Jakubman625 said:

Yes when im extracting, im exctracting the files to the USB without any copying. 

And i formated the USB to FAT32 just like manual says

Just now, Jakubman625 said:

And i formated the USB to FAT32 just like manual says

ok, try that older one.

if we cant get it to flash, that in its self could be another indicator that the board is having serious issues.

Family machines

1 minute ago, cr8tor said:

ok, try that older one.

if we cant get it to flash, that in its self could be another indicator that the board is having serious issues.

It didn’t work :/ 

1 minute ago, Jakubman625 said:

It didn’t work :/ 

ok, well, there could be something else going on.

Flashing the bios is kind of a multipronged troubleshooting step in that it sometimes fixes things with code updates.

But it also forces the bios to redetect hardware, similarly to clearing the bios like i had you do earlier.

It also can confirm board issues in the fact that if you cant flash a board bios, something is wrong somewhere.

Sometimes its the board, it could be something else though. CPU, memory.

Do you have any peripheral cards in the system that can be removed, or anything plugged in other than the mouse, keyboard and monitor?

If so remove them and try again.

Also, is there an option in bios to restore defaults? If so you might do that and try again.

If not or if it doesnt help, reseat your memory and GPU. Test the system to see if the original problem went away.

If the problem still exists after reseating the memory, reseat the CPU.

Also, i just realized you have 12gb of ram.,

You have mixed size ram modules done you?

Like to 4gb's and two 2gb's?

If so, try two matching sticks at at time.

Make sure you have them in the correct slots, generally slot 2 and 4.

Check your motherboards manual for memory placement if needed.

Family machines