I7 10750H Thermal Throttling

I'm having thermal throttling issue with my I7 10750H and RTX 2060 mobile. Even I tried to contact with my Laptop's customer service and their answer was hilarious. They said that I should re-install all my Nvidia drivers. I was talking about my thermal throttling issue and why does CPU run in lower clocks. I don't even care what they say anymore. I just want to undervolt my CPU but I don't know how and I don't know how much W I should decrease. I ran 2 Stress tests in Intel Extreme Tuning Utility both of them had Thermal Throttling warning non-stop.

My laptop model (Yeah I know it's tongfang or clevo whatever but it was the cheapest one I could find in Turkey with RTX 2060 mobile)

What temps do you reach? and what clocks it ran under full load?

My guess is the contact between the dye and heatsink are not even and also might be their thermal paste application is no enough.

Remember! Reality Is An Illusion, The Universe Is A Hologram, Buy GOLD! Byeeee!!!

21 minutes ago, PiberiusWilde said:

What temps do you reach? and what clocks it ran under full load?

My guess is the contact between the dye and heatsink are not even and also might be their thermal paste application is no enough.

In stress tests and games The temperature is stable 90 °C. The clock in stress test is around 3-3.4 GHz. In games CPU clock is around 2 to 2.9 GHz.

6 minutes ago, Kaught said:

In stress tests and games The temperature is stable 90 °C. The clock in stress test is around 3-3.4 GHz. In games CPU clock is around 2 to 2.9 GHz.

Then you’re not thermal throttling. If it hits above the base in a torture tests it’s performing as expected.

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

3 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

Then you’re not thermal throttling. If it hits above the base in a torture tests it’s performing as expected.

But in Far Cry 5 The CPU clock decreases to 1 GHz and stays in 1 GHz for like 10 minute and it increases back to 2 GHz again. Isn't it thermal throttling?

1 minute ago, Kaught said:

But in Far Cry 5 The CPU clock decreases to 1 GHz and stays in 1 GHz for like 10 minute and it increases back to 2 GHz again. Isn't it thermal throttling?

That just sounds like the game being weird. If you’re stressing the chip at 100% load until it clocks itself down a game that doesn’t run the chip at 100% shouldn’t yield worse results. 

Is the game chugging when the CPU is at the lower clocks? Because if the CPU doesn’t have to run at 2.6Ghz it won’t to save power.

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

1 minute ago, Kaught said:

Still doesn't tell us.. well.. me anyway here.

Does it stutters and very choppy or does it ran smoothly then getting sudden fps drops for a few seconds and gets back to normal again.

I mean how does it performs in games.

Remember! Reality Is An Illusion, The Universe Is A Hologram, Buy GOLD! Byeeee!!!

Just now, PiberiusWilde said:

Still doesn't tell us.. well.. me anyway here.

Does it stutters and very choppy or does it ran smoothly then getting sudden fps drops for a few seconds and gets back to normal again.

I mean how does it performs in games.

A few time I got fps drops for 1-2 seconds. FPS suddenly decreases to 10-15 FPS and increases again to 70-90 FPS.

9 minutes ago, Kaught said:

A few time I got fps drops for 1-2 seconds. FPS suddenly decreases to 10-15 FPS and increases again to 70-90 FPS.

Yeah... I think this isn't just the CPU, the GPU is clocking down as well.

15 minutes ago, PiberiusWilde said:

Yeah... I think this isn't just the CPU, the GPU is clocking down as well.

So...What can I do about it? Should I clean inside of the laptop? Or should I get a laptop cooling pad? If the answer is yes, which one do you advice? (I got my laptop like 4-5 Months ago.)

5 minutes ago, Kaught said:

So...What can I do about it? Should I clean inside of the laptop? Or should I get a laptop cooling pad? If the answer is yes, which one do you advice? (I got my laptop like 4-5 Months ago.)

Well that's one option, cleaning it and replacing the thermal paste

Say did this happened just recently or since the beginning?

2 minutes ago, PiberiusWilde said:

It's happening for 2 maybe 3 weeks.

8 minutes ago, PiberiusWilde said:

And I remembered that, The customer Service said they can clean the laptop's inside and change the termal paste for free 2 times a year. Cause of the coronavirus I couldn't go and give my laptop let them clean and change the termal paste . But because of the coronivurs, I couldn't go there. Should I let them clean and change the thermal paste or just do it myself?

If it’s only happening for a few moments and then returning to normal then that points to a software issue more so than a hardware problem since your temps aren’t near limits. If something is causing software issues and the game chugs, the processor will dip its frequency because there isn’t a demand at that given moment.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

15 minutes ago, Vitamanic said:

If it’s only happening for a few moments and then returning to normal then that points to a software issue more so than a hardware problem since your temps aren’t near limits. If something is causing software issues and the game chugs, the processor will dip its frequency because there isn’t a demand at that given moment.

But I usually turn off some of the programs that running in the background. Which program can cause that much problem in my laptop?

Screenshot_1489.png.b23d0af8657695af85d2c980b13a261e.pngI usually turn off everything but razer drivers, steam and wallpaper engine.

21 minutes ago, Vitamanic said:

And When I close all of the program running in the background and then do a cinebench R23 test I only get 5 thousandish points. Normally I7 10750H should get around 7K-8K points in cinebench R23.

3 hours ago, Kaught said:

It's happening for 2 maybe 3 weeks.

Okay okay good it means that this isn't bios issue

Most likely that this is a problem with windows. I heard that the most recent update crippled some laptop performance, also some update from the oem can actually crippled performace too.

2 minutes ago, PiberiusWilde said:

Okay okay good it means that this isn't bios issue

Most likely that this is a problem with windows. I heard that the most recent update crippled some laptop performance, also some update from the oem can actually crippled performace too.

I hope it's about windows.

1 hour ago, Kaught said:

I hope it's about windows.

Most problems with windows tanking performance is about 1909 above. So... of you could, rollback to about 1903 'cause most of the recent aren't implemented there, yet...

15 hours ago, PiberiusWilde said:

Most problems with windows tanking performance is about 1909 above. So... of you could, rollback to about 1903 'cause most of the recent aren't implemented there, yet...

I don't know how to rollback to 1903 is there any video tutorial of doing it?