choose my cpu

All the cpus are paired with a msi 1650s

1. i5 9400f (6C/6T)

2. R5 2600 (6C/12T) - more "future proof".

I need help choosing my cpu for my pc build. My pc will be around $530 (just the system, without the case n fans). I will be playing games like GTA V, Valorant, Rainbow Six Siege, Cold War, CSGO, Apex Legends, Rocket League, and Minecraft. I looked on various sites, like userbenchmark, pc-builds, cpuagent, versus, and gpucheck, but most of them came up with different results, even youtube.

If you could help me choose my cpu, I would appreciate it. Thanks

Or maybe if you would want to suggest a build, without the case, for $530, I would appreciate it too.

Welcome to the forums!!!

I would choose the R5 2600 over the i5 9400F for the extra threads. Userbenchmark is not a reliable source for choosing your CPUs at all as they are Intel-biased. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

2600 hands down. In new games the 9400f is not enough and stutters but in the games you play it will be a bit better than the 2600 in terms of max possible fps (part from apex and cold war there the 2600 is better and avoids stuttering). But with a 1650 there will not be a difference. All the sites you used are either pure theoretical performance, bs or just not being honest about the results.

never buy F intel

Spec: Macbook Air 2017    

ProcessorPU: ii5 (I5-5350U |    

| RAM: 8GB LPDDR3 |

| Storage: 128GB SSD 

| GPU: Intel HD 6000 |

| Audio: JBL 450BT Wireless Headset |

I'd say go for the 2600. I have one now and its great! it can handle pretty much everything.

-> Moved to CPUs, Motherboards and Memory

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv