Automated PC assembly!

nobodynobody

In this example the KR 3 AGILUS is combined with a force torque sensor mounted on the robot flange and the KUKA.ForceTorqueControl software to assemble CPU and Memory Modules into a PCB, resulting in the highest speed and accuracy for the assembly of sensitive electronics components.

https://www.kuka.com/en-de/products/robot-systems/industrial-robots/kr-3-agilus

yeah I think that slowly all jobs will be like this but I also think that there will still be human PC builders as using a PC that you built does give you some extra satisfaction

Probably gonna be used by OEM 'cause even though it's fast. The component must be similar 'cause most robot are only trained/programmed to do one thing on one type of sku. Well if not then the robot would have to be trained on a lot of different component from many different OEM. That would take a lot of time to do.

Remember! Reality Is An Illusion, The Universe Is A Hologram, Buy GOLD! Byeeee!!!

6 minutes ago, PiberiusWilde said:

Probably gonna be used by OEM 'cause even though it's fast. The component must be similar 'cause most robot are only trained/programmed to do one thing on one type of sku. Well if not then the robot would have to be trained on a lot of different component from many different OEM. That would take a lot of time to do.

Indeed... if you are Dell and you're just churning out hundreds upon hundreds of the same pretty mid-range config for use in schools and businesses, where there is next to no customisation, this kind of thing probably makes a lot of sense.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

7 minutes ago, PiberiusWilde said:

Not really, each procedure would have a bar or qr code that makes the robot know what he is doing, it's used in car factories

Just now, Ankh Tech said:

Not really, each procedure would have a bar or qr code that makes the robot know what he is doing, it's used in car factories

Yes, but the robot still has to know what components it's assembling, and how they should be assembled.

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

TBO, I was expecting the 'non'-critical movements to happen a lot faster - e.g. picking up the parts etc. Also - CPU positioning is much easier with an LGA socket.

Nonetheless, the thing can churn out assembled boards all day every day, and all the precision and speed is pretty much only an issue of configuration. Also, impressive to see how easy a prototype 'arm' and mount can be made for these things.

"We cannot change the cards we're dealt - just how we play the hand" - R. Pausch

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X , Cooler: BeQuiet Dark Rock 3 Motherboard: MSI B450 Mortar Titanium RAM: 16 GB Corsair LPX 3200 GPU: EVGA RTX2070 XC Storage: Adata 120GB SSD, SanDisk 1TB SDD, 2TB WD GreenHDD Case: Fractal Design Define Mini C PSU: EVGA Supernova 650GS Peripherals: Master Keys Pro S, Logitech G402 Audio: Schiit Fulla 2 + Sennheiser HD 650. Laptop: Asus Zenbook UX 302

1 minute ago, pythonmegapixel said:

Yes, but the robot still has to know what components it's assembling, and how they should be assembled.

yeah each part would have a code, and the robot puts that together to build a system, cpu has a qr code, ok it is a 5600x, motherboard has one, ok it is a x570 tomahawk, it has this installation, in this location, ok, cpu cooler, d15, ok this bracket with these spacers, gpu has one, msi 3070 gaming x trio, each gpu should be held in a way, so it needs separate holding ways, in first pcie x16 slot at this location, so and case, 500d rgb se, mount the motherboard, if it was an aio, it can handle that aswell, possibilities are limitless 

Just now, Ankh Tech said:

yeah each part would have a code, and the robot puts that together to build a system, cpu has a qr code, ok it is a 5600x, motherboard has one, ok it is a x570 tomahawk, it has this installation, in this location, ok, cpu cooler, d15, ok this bracket with these spacers, gpu has one, msi 3070 gaming x trio, each gpu should be held in a way, so it needs separate holding ways, in first pcie x16 slot at this location, so and case, 500d rgb se, mount the motherboard, if it was an aio, it can handle that aswell, possibilities are limitless 

I don't disagree with that.

The point I'm making is that it would require a database to be compiled containing installation instructions for every component. This would take time, and probably a decent bit of trial-and-error.

pythonmegapixel

1 minute ago, pythonmegapixel said:

I don't disagree with that.

The point I'm making is that it would require a database to be compiled containing installation instructions for every component. This would take time, and probably a decent bit of trial-and-error.

Yeah, you have a point, a dictionary for each part, and procedure, hard work, but after that, semi flawless production, 24/7 so OEMs will love this product